The Wrath of Old Man Winter

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

The Wrath of Old Man Winter

Post by DeeEss57 »

<sigh>

After 14 (yes, 14) inches of s*** on the weekend, it's s***ing up here again. Right now, we have 6 more inches of the stuff (again, feel free to substitute a more vulgar word). Roads are closing around town and they're telling people to not travel unless absolutely necessary.

Is it May yet?
:)

Dawn
Would all you snowmobilers please stop with the snow dances?
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Got to tell you Dawn, Brenda and I sat here last weekend and looked at the weather and checked the Minnesota websites. We definitely made the right decision in not going to the Detroit game. Looks like the weather will be tough the rest of the way out now.
Mike

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Kansas Viking wrote:Got to tell you Dawn, Brenda and I sat here last weekend and looked at the weather and checked the Minnesota websites. We definitely made the right decision in not going to the Detroit game. Looks like the weather will be tough the rest of the way out now.
Oh, most definitely. If this is any indication, the resorts and ski hills up here are going to be VERY happy.

We're being pummeled with 10 more inches of snow. It looks like it has quit now, but that's 24 inches in four days. And we were barely plowed out from Saturday's/Sunday's storm. I am definitely not looking forward to going to work tomorrow morning. Nothing will be plowed that early.

Dawn
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

:D Jared emailed me from Duluth this afternoon and told me it looked like the lake effect stuff was just sitting there and swirling over them. I like snow, but don't think I'm ready for that just yet.
Mike

flviking
Waterboy

Post by flviking »

Snow? I'm thinking of taking the family to the smokey mountains just to see some.
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

70 degrees shorts and T-shirt.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Colinito wrote:70 degrees shorts and T-shirt.

:ban:

Just kidding. I wish it was that warm here.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

I live in Louisville Kentucky and it's cold here right now, no snow at all though.

This state is horrible about weather, it'll be cold for a week and then warm and it continues that all winter.

Right now it's 33 degrees outside ... On Sunday it'll a high of 61. Mid-December.
Hunter Morrow
Hall of Famer

Post by Hunter Morrow »

What are you talking about? High 60s with just the right amount of breeze. That forecast is everyday, baby.
Sucks that on winter break I have to go to Wisconsin. I will freaking die when I step off the plane in Milwaukee.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Kansas Viking wrote::D Jared emailed me from Duluth this afternoon and told me it looked like the lake effect stuff was just sitting there and swirling over them. I like snow, but don't think I'm ready for that just yet.

Yes, it was lake effect snow that just sat on top of us. Some parts of the city got a lot more snow than others. The western part of Duluth got hit hardest, with something like 16" of snow, while the eastern part got about 6".

I'm tired of winter already.

Dawn
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

DeeEss57 wrote:
Yes, it was lake effect snow that just sat on top of us. Some parts of the city got a lot more snow than others. The western part of Duluth got hit hardest, with something like 16" of snow, while the eastern part got about 6".

I'm tired of winter already.

Dawn
That must be where Jared is at. He said he had 16.8 inches of snow. Unbelievable.
Mike

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Kansas Viking wrote: That must be where Jared is at. He said he had 16.8 inches of snow. Unbelievable.

Our average winter snowfall is 80.8 inches. We've had more than one-third of our average snowfall in just three days.

Dawn