Pearl Harbor minus 6

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Pearl Harbor minus 6

Post by DeeEss57 »

December 1, 1941

*Japanese emperor Hirohito signed a declaration of war. Japan’s Tojo rejected U.S. proposals for a Pacific settlement as fantastic and unrealistic.

*FDR reads Togo's warning to Germany of "extreme danger between Japan & Anglo-Saxon nations"

*Togo tells Nomura to continue negotiations "to prevent the U.S. from becoming unduly suspicious"

*Japanese fleet code changed second time in one month - unprecedented

Dawn
jackal
Strong Safety

man

Post by jackal »

my wifes birthday is on the 7th as well.

That most of been so weird for people in America
I am sure most Americans felt like an attack could never
happen on against the United States.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Re: Pearl Harbor minus 6

Post by DanAS1 »

To me, Pearl Harbor Day will always be associated with December 6, 1995, when hundreds of people who worked in law enforcement (myself included), raided boilerrooms all over Las Vegas with the hope of crippling fraudulent telemarketing once and for all. IIRC, it was called "Senior Sentinel," since the victims were disproportionately senior citizens.

I will never forget the FBI agent who, addressing the rest of us the day before, said "Ladies. Gentlemen. It's harvest time." It really felt like we were working for an extermination service.