Old man Winter returns with a vengeance

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Vikefantam wrote: Sure, rub it in, Mike. :D We get some of the most awful weather here in the Ohio Valley. We get both extremes, highs near 100 in the summer and lows below zero in the winter. Weird. It was 11 degrees yesterday morning and it's still snowing today, about 20 degrees. I hate winter.
Sounds like everyone back that direction is really have some winter right now. My bud Jared from Duluth emailed me this afternoon and said besides all the snow they got in the last week, it is now supposed to be -13 for a low. That should keep most people inside for a while.
Vikefantam wrote:Just wait - you said you wanted to come to Canton to see CC's induction (I hope he makes it the first time but you know the Viking curse). That's always at the end of July. It will be HOT! They don't call 'em the dog days of summer for nothing, though my dogs certainly don't handle them well. :shock:
Not a problem Tammy. First off, heat doesn't bother me, and second, it's pretty hard to top the heat here in Kansas in July and August. Hopefully Cris makes it in. Don't know if I will make it to see him but that is a ways off yet.
Mike

Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

nightowl:
I just moved from Northern Illinois to Melbourne, Florida at the end of July... couldn't be happier not to see any of the white stuff. I spent too many winters walking/freezing in that stuff to miss it this soon.
I'm with you brother. From Chicago area, been in Austin since 99 and haven't missed snow since. Okay, well snow is nice for the first week, before it turns to mud and sludge and #### on the sides of the road so everything is constantly wet.

If I visit places up North in the winter, I enjoy the cold. But by the end, I remember why I moved. I used to do a LOT of walking in the snow when I was younger too, I've earned this.
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

Vikingsfan2026 wrote:Wish it snowed here, I hate the heat in Florida and I wish I could see the snow again.
Trade ya. I lived in SC for 3 years and though I agree the heat & 100% humidity is bad, I still prefer it over shoveling snow and freezing while walking the dogs. I'd rather be out there carrying an extra bag with water for the dogs (they drink out of a bottle) in my shorts & tank top than bundling myself up in 2 coats, scarf, boots, etc. :D
Tammy
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by MWNANCe »

Yea its hold here in CA... We even have to turn on the heater and close the windows.. it gets into the 50's at night...Brrrrrr :wink: :lol:
I believe..
DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Re: Old man Winter returns with a vengeance

Post by DanAS1 »

DeeEss57 wrote:Right now it's snowing. It started at 10:00. It's supposed to snow until tomorrow morning, bringing us up to 12 inches of the fluffy stuff (feel free to substitute a more vulgar word). I have to work at 4:00 am tomorrow. It should really be fun to get to work by then.

Dawn
It hardly ever snows in D.C. any more. Maybe we'll get a tad this weekend, I don't know. But our weather is SO much warmer than what I was a kid. It almost feels like we're living in North or South Carolina.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: Old man Winter returns with a vengeance

Post by DeeEss57 »

DanAS1 wrote:It hardly ever snows in D.C. any more. Maybe we'll get a tad this weekend, I don't know. But our weather is SO much warmer than what I was a kid. It almost feels like we're living in North or South Carolina.

It doesn't really snow up here like it used to, either. This is the first time in a looong time we've had this much snow for Christmas. And the year I was in DC for Christmas, it was warmer here in Duluth than DC. Figure that one out!

Dawn