High School Football

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Magnus1959
Pro Bowl Elite Player

High School Football

Post by Magnus1959 »

Just wondered who here played high school football and what position. I played C & NT.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

I started at half-back, returned punts and kicks, and CB/S on defense. Almost never left the field.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

RE and LT

But unlike John we wore helmets, and pads. And didn't take horse and buggy to the game. :P

Now that I look back, I kinda remind myself of a Bryant McKinnie / Kenechi Udeze type player...
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Defensive Tackle
Mike

VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Starting DT and TE...won a state championship ta boot!
jackal
Strong Safety

nope

Post by jackal »

no football

I wrestled though and ran track
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Still playing since i am only done with my freshman season of football. I play Defensive Tackle right now. I might lose some weight so i could try Linebacker or Defensive End. I really like Defensive Tackle. Some people say I am just not fat enough though :wink:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Didn't play but wish I would have. My Senior year I went to a first year school, and would have made the team only because they didn't have enough players. I was in really bad shape and was afraid I'd embarrass myself (which seems silly now, but at the time seemed like a really good reason). I would have played WR for sure, maybe S. If I had a chance to do my high school years again, I'd definitely play football.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Safety. Wasn't nearly as good as a lot of my classmates though. A few are now playing on Sunday (for division North rivals no less!).
Plainsmen_2
Starter

Post by Plainsmen_2 »

I am playing right now. Play Wide Reciever, Quarterback on some formations. Returned Kicks.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Played OG, OLB, and sometimes in the secondary. I was a very small OL, the radio announcers would even make a huge deal out of it as I was the smallest guy out there but held my own- I weighed about 150 at 5'8" in my cleats. I kind of sucked at defense and really didn't play it besides in practice. I understood it better than anybody on the team on the chalkboard but couldn't put it together on the field on D.

But I loved blocking people, would rather do that than run the ball actually.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: High School Football

Post by DeeEss57 »

Magnus1959 wrote:Just wondered who here played high school football and what position. I played C & NT.

I couldn't play. I was born the wrong sex. :(

Played intramural touch football, though. That was fun! And don't think we gals were a bunch of wussies. A fight broke out in the locker room between two of the teams!

Dawn
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by MWNANCe »

Thank You Dawn for adding fuel to a an Old Perverts Fantasies...! :lol: :shock:

That one is going to stick in my mind for a while!
I believe..
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

I had a great High school football career. Started out in my freshman year at a school with 4000 students. I was 2nd string, C-team, LB/RB,TE.

In addition to being just barely average football player, I was also in trouble a lot of times. So much so, that I was forced to leave town and move North to live with my older brother. Transferred to a school which had about 250 students, total. I was immediately upgraded to varsity, being one of the best players on the team.
Played LB and RB/TE.

What a difference a few thousand students make in a guys’ football career! Went to all the dances, got all the girls. Well one girl anyway (In case my wife ever reads this)