Vick starts serving time

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Vick starts serving time

Post by jackal »

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

I hope he gets slammed by the judge. What an idiot he is.
From the beginning, Mr. Vick has accepted responsibility for his actions, and his self-surrender further demonstrates that acceptance," Martin said in a statement.
Man Lawyers have no shame. From the begining Vick was lying his
butt off to everyone. He only changed his tune when his ignorant friends
fiqured out,"hey this is serious and they want Vick to pay more than me."
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Magnus1959
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Vick starts serving time

Post by Magnus1959 »

jackal wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

I hope he gets slammed by the judge. What an idiot he is.
Man Lawyers have no shame. From the begining Vick was lying his
butt off to everyone. He only changed his tune when his ignorant friends
fiqured out,"hey this is serious and they want Vick to pay more than me."
How could he possible think nobody would find out about something like that? How could he be so dumb to risk his career?
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Magnus1959 wrote: How could he possible think nobody would find out about something like that? How could he be so dumb to risk his career?
He thought he could fool everyone and when it came down to the bottom line he found out that he is a total idiot, so now he is trying to save face which a little late. What a fool. :roll:
Eliot
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Eliot »

I am sick of all these things
vick
pats
colts
packers
o.j

SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Minnesota Vikings fan from Missouri!

Skol!
DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Post by DanAS1 »

I cannot imagine not being a Vikings fan -- unless they either (a) move to a city I don't care for (I'd still root for them in LA, as I have an affinity for that place) or (b) sign Vick when he gets out of prison. I will never watch a football game with that schmuck playing in it. He has his principles (perhaps); I have mine.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Magnus1959 wrote:How could he possible think nobody would find out about something like that? How could he be so dumb to risk his career?
It's one of the major problems in sport today. Guys like Vick are identified as talented when they're very young and from a very young age end up with nobody telling them "no" to anything. If that's happening from, say, middle school, that's got to screw up a kid's moral compass, especially one from a broken home.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

glg wrote: It's one of the major problems in sport today. Guys like Vick are identified as talented when they're very young and from a very young age end up with nobody telling them "no" to anything. If that's happening from, say, middle school, that's got to screw up a kid's moral compass, especially one from a broken home.
Same with Starbury, not as much morals but selfishness. He was identified as the next great NYC guard at a very young age and pretty much got what he wanted. There is the rumor he forced the trade out of Minny because the bars wouldn't serve his underage self, I don't know how much water that holds but other acts of his have screamed selfish. The episodes of late where he left the team and his behavior with Isiah (blackmail, etc.) are probably the worst.

I do commend him for his shoe efforts though, he is doing a great thing. Especially for inner city youths. He knows where they are coming from being that he grew up in that environment. I don't know if the shoes are a success in that market, which was their point. But I own a couple pairs as do quite a few people. I get tired of paying 85 dollars for shoes, and am glad someone besides Payless stepped in.
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

wang_chi7 wrote:Same with Starbury, not as much morals but selfishness. He was identified as the next great NYC guard at a very young age and pretty much got what he wanted. There is the rumor he forced the trade out of Minny because the bars wouldn't serve his underage self, I don't know how much water that holds but other acts of his have screamed selfish.
Really? The one I've always heard was that he couldn't handle not being the highest paid player on his team.
spdolphs
Transition Player

Post by spdolphs »

It's Michael Vicks day in the barrel.

(Old 70's lumberjack joke reference....don't get it, pm me so I can ridicule you, then tell you the joke. :lol: ) (Just kidding about the ridicule part.)