The Most Affordable Place to Live Well is...

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

The Most Affordable Place to Live Well is...

Post by DeeEss57 »

Minneapolis!

According to Forbes.com:

1. Minneapolis
The "City of Lakes" is a case study in corporate social responsibility. A large variety of companies--from Target to Cargill--donate huge sums of money to the city's schools, cultural institutions and health services. This positively affects the quality of life and the arts and leisure choices. Housing and cost of living are both affordable, but aren't dramatically below national means.

The rest of the Top 5:

2. Indianapolis]
3. Cincinnati
4. St Louis
5. Houston

Dawn
From many... One.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

That's would be funny if it wasn't so unfunny.

They don't mean Minneapolis, they mean the suburbs of the Twin Cities. They almost always mean how great a city is for people living in the burbs to go uptown for a show, dining, or sporting event.

It's an article in Forbes after all.

I doubt the authors would want their children in the Minneapolis inner city schools, and Houston (#5) is far worse.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

I'm guessing its only a list of metro areas because there are places far more affordable. They're just smaller communities.

Though they may have compared median income to living costs, then cities would definitely be on the list.

But Forbes lists generally aren't very good. They totally lost me after naming McHale the best GM in sports.