72 points in 1st Quarter

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

72 points in 1st Quarter

Post by wang_chi7 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/highscho ... d=tab4pos1

:shock:

At least they took it easy the rest of the game. Wowsers.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Man. Thats quite an accomplishment. I'm glad the other coach isn't upset. At least he sees it as the other team playing hard.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Smith Center is a couple hours from Salina to the Northwest. This team has always been good and they are animals. They grow them big in that area and as can tell no one stands much of a chance against them. They haven't even been scored on this year. Maybe Chilly should give their coach a call and get some pointers from him. :wink:
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Could someone please get me a copy of their playbook?

I'd like to see how they set up their power run offense.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Bill Belichick should have told his players to just fall down at the 5 instead of scoring like this coach did.

Man that would make me feel GREAT if I was on the other team...
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

I like the part where he (the coach) says he tried everything he could to not run up the score yet they went for the 2 point conversion each time. :oops:
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Greg wrote:I like the part where he (the coach) says he tried everything he could to not run up the score yet they went for the 2 point conversion each time. :oops:
Thought that was weird too. I figured they didn't have a kicker until later it said they went for FGs after stopping purposely at the 5. Its a pretty common tactic in HS football to go for 2 regularly because the kicking game is even more risky at that level (bad snap, hold, or kicks are common), but when you are crushing the opponent that much it brings question marks. Maybe he wasn't feeling sorry for them until after hitting 60-70 points or he was aware of the record for points in a quarter?
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

It is common in Kansas for 2A schools to go for the 2 points as they don't have the kickers. The higher the division they shy away from that so that didn't surprise me at all. I have read several articles about this coach and he is not the type to run up the score, the problem is they just have a team that will dominate everyone. They will have to see how they do next year as they are losing 19 of the players as they are seniors.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

In high school, going for the two point conversion is the norm rather than the exception at many levels.

Small schools don't often have very good kickers.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

I found it interesting that the winning team's coach had gone to the losing school.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote:I found it interesting that the winning team's coach had gone to the losing school.
That was funny. Maybe he was caught cheating or with drugs or something when he went there :)
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Mothman
Defensive Tackle

Post by Mothman »

The Redmen are currently on a 50-game winning streak, and this year they've outscored their nine opponents by an average margin of 71-0 and a total score of 640-0. They have yet to punt.
:shock:

Amazing.

Jim
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Mothman wrote: :shock:

Amazing.

Jim
Holy cow! Wow. IF they did punt, I wonder what they would do? Do they even have a punter on their team??