Twolves Trade?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Twolves Trade?

Post by wang_chi7 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3077037

Would send Blount and Ricky Davis to Heat for Antoine Walker, Michael Doleac, and Wayne Simien.

Don't know much about Simien, know the name Doleac but nothing about his game, and Walker is a decent player for his age. Walker might bring that veteran leadership that the team needs, though he has a selfish rep IIRC.

Minnesota possibly will get a future pick too.

The article says Minnesota initially didn't want to take back Walker; when was he ever with the Wolves?
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Twolves Trade?

Post by Bill Carson »

Walker has totally lost his shot. At least Davis was hitting this preseason. Walker is going to mope on the bench and teach the young kids lots of bad habits. Nice to get rid of Blount, though...and REALLY nice they got a 1st rounder in the deal.

I hope Walker rarely or never leaves the bench. Maybe he'll just get too upset and quit mid-season.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Twolves Trade?

Post by wang_chi7 »

Bill Carson wrote:Walker has totally lost his shot. At least Davis was hitting this preseason. Walker is going to mope on the bench and teach the young kids lots of bad habits. Nice to get rid of Blount, though...and REALLY nice they got a 1st rounder in the deal.

I hope Walker rarely or never leaves the bench. Maybe he'll just get too upset and quit mid-season.
It was final when I posted it. A first rounder added is a nice touch.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

awwww i liked Davis. Hey but a first round pick wow. Antoine Walker better not mess with Brewer's head :evil:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I like this trade because they add a good veteran. And the pick is a really nice bonus.

I just wish they'd get rid of Marko Jaric. Trade him for hot dog buns or something.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Skoobs78
Veteran

Post by Skoobs78 »

Basically all filler deals to move Blount's contract to another team. I liked this move but I would have really preferred we move Jaric somehow with all the other cap cutting moves we have made. Jaric is making roughly 7 million to sit on the bench and whine about getting traded, we need to dump this guy ASAP to a team with an expiring contract of any kind.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

So the Wolves move another top scorer.

Garnett and Davis were the team's offense.

The NBA is about individual players. Going one on one against Walker doesn't scare anyone.

Draft picks are like trading for a nice set of craps dice.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike: