Need insight from the locals....

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PHILLY EAGLE

Need insight from the locals....

Post by PHILLY EAGLE »

This weekend will be my first time in Minnesota. What is there to do at night? Any good bars/clubs that you can recommend? We will be staying on S 3rd Street.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

I'm definitely not a local but I travel up for all the home games. If you are close to Washington Ave. just make your way East. There are a variety of bars and restaurants along Washington, especially at what they call 7 Corners where the Holiday Inn is located.
Mike

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Kansas Viking wrote:I'm definitely not a local but I travel up for all the home games. If you are close to Washington Ave. just make your way East. There are a variety of bars and restaurants along Washington, especially at what they call 7 Corners where the Holiday Inn is located.
Yes, I second that location. I don't know what its called, but there's a bar next to the Holiday that brew their own beer. They have some tasty ones available.

Sgt. Prestons is a fun bar too, its more for the college aged though so that can be a factor if you're older.

These are about a mile, maybe a tad more, from the stadium so its a nice location for people going to the game.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

wang_chi7 wrote: Yes, I second that location. I don't know what its called, but there's a bar next to the Holiday that brew their own beer. They have some tasty ones available.
Town Hall Brewery. One of my favorite places. And while you have a great beer, try the jalapeño pretzel. Great stuff.

http://www.townhallbrewery.com/
Mike

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Kansas Viking wrote: Town Hall Brewery. One of my favorite places. And while you have a great beer, try the jalapeño pretzel. Great stuff.

http://www.townhallbrewery.com/
They are very good pretzels
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: Need insight from the locals....

Post by Bill Carson »

PHILLY EAGLE wrote:This weekend will be my first time in Minnesota. What is there to do at night? Any good bars/clubs that you can recommend? We will be staying on S 3rd Street.
Tons of bars/clubs in the neighborhood of Hennepin/1st ave and S 6th St. Anything you could want...music clubs, restaurants, gay bars, Gameworks (Block E), bookstores, bowling, Timberwolves @ Target Center Friday night..or if you're just looking for some beers then check out those bars the other guys mentioned on Wash Ave, east of 35W.

Also, you're probably staying right next to Matty B's on Washington (Matt Birk, Vikings center)..but I don't think all that much of that place. The food's kind of spendy and there isn't really anything cool there, like Vikings photos or anything. Also you can go to Hubert's right next to the Metrodome, lots and lots of cool old sports photos on the walls there, and cheap food. Ex-vikings players have been known to frequent.
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

If you are in the area of the Holiday Inn (Washington Ave) also check out
Bullwinkles. It is right across the street from the motel. Have always had a good time there when I come in for a game.