The Lakers

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DanAS1
Hall of Famer

The Lakers

Post by DanAS1 »

Are we to believe the rumors that after having traded away Shaq for virtually nothing, the Lakers are now going to trade Kobe away for virtually nothing? Don't get me wrong, unloading Mr. "I Can See Why You Didn't Think You Consented" Jerk is certainly understandable, but why can't they get market value for him?

What is with that storied franchise?
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

It sounds like he's fed up with the club. Which is funny because they conceded to his demands. Even breaking up the team to do it. What a dolt.

I just hope the Knicks or Wolves don't grab him up, they're already hard enough to root for.

Anybody hear of where he's supposedly going? I've heard Cuban is interested, but won't break up the Mavs and Dirk is completely off the table. Other than that, I've heard nothing besides that he wants out.
jackal
Strong Safety

Kobe

Post by jackal »

Kobe is a huge horse bottom IMO.

The Lakers got rid of Shaq to make Kob happy
what a bunch of fools.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Kobe

Post by wang_chi7 »

jackal wrote:Kobe is a huge horse bottom IMO.

what a bunch of fools.
No kidding. The GM it sounds like is very against making this move, he doesn't want to be known as the guy that traded two superstars. The Busses and Kobe want it done though the way it sounds. Seems like the GM (and Jackson) aren't going to get their way, but who knows?
DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Post by DanAS1 »

jackal wrote:Kobe is a huge horse bottom IMO.

what a bunch of fools.
True.

And true.

But you still don't give him away for nothing, right?
Bill Carson
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Bill Carson »

DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Post by DanAS1 »

wang_chi7 wrote:It sounds like he's fed up with the club. Which is funny because they conceded to his demands. Even breaking up the team to do it. What a dolt.

I just hope the Knicks or Wolves don't grab him up, they're already hard enough to root for.

Anybody hear of where he's supposedly going? I've heard Cuban is interested, but won't break up the Mavs and Dirk is completely off the table. Other than that, I've heard nothing besides that he wants out.
The Lakers are talking to Chicago but Chicago won't give up Deng for Kobe. I'm getting the impression that no team will give up anyone good for Kobe, they just want to give up picks -- knowing that once they get Kobe, their picks will all be low ones.