Fantasy Football

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Fantasy Football

Post by wang_chi7 »

Just for fun, in my work fantasy football league I drafted all Vikings players along with Moss and Culpepper. I figured I'd squeek out 2-3 wins by luck.

So far I'm 5-2 and the two weeks I lost were because I didn't bench Taylor in week two (he was hurt) and last week I had Williamson on the bench instead of Rice. I would have won both weeks by a point if I made the right roster decision.

Goes to show you how silly fantasy football is. I even won during our bye week by picking up all free agents (besides TEN defense which I drafted as a backup as a preperation for the bye week.) I picked up Frerotte and Najeh Davenport, both scored a crap load of points that week. The other guys did well enough for me to get a blowout.

Here's my team:
QB:Pep (Jackson first couple weeks)
RB:AD, Taylor
WR: Moss, Rice/Wade/Williamson (whichever of the three I think will do best that week)
TE: Shaincoe
DEF: Minnesota
K: Longwell
Bench:pretty much any skill position player on Vikings (there's 10 bench spots in this league.)

I just think its hilarious because the real Vikings are so bad this year, but are a good fantasy team. I think I've scored at least 90 every week but one. I got so much crap during the draft, but am tied for first. Very odd.

Goes to show you that you don't have to think too hard to do well in fantasy sports!

Its a 12 team league.
Samkon35
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Samkon35 »

Cool post. Moss and Peterson would make any team pretty good though.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

FavresLegacy wrote:Cool post. Moss and Peterson would make any team pretty good though.
Pretty much. The Vikings D had been giving me crap loads of points too. The last two weeks not so much, but enough. Its just funny that a couple good players are enough.

I just remember my first 2 choices were the two RBs, third round was the defense, but my fourth rounder was Tarvaris Jackson :D. I only grabbed Moss and Culpepper because they were both available fairly late. Originally I wasn't going to do it.

I used to do this back when the Vikings offense was amazing and I did really well then. But this season has been a total surprise.