I won on McDonalds Monopoly!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

I won on McDonalds Monopoly!

Post by wang_chi7 »

I won 50 bucks on Monopoly today, got both purple pieces on one large fry. I almost didn't get a fry because McNuggets are only 99 cents on Tuesdays (their a guilty pleasure), and I almost got an extra order of them instead.

I know its not one of the big prizes, but it was fun finally winning that stupid game. I'm one of those that fall for the stupid game and give them way too much business when they run it. I'm a sucker!

Hopefully I can redeem the prize at the resterant instead of via mail.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Yeah, I'm killing my damn self trying to win something. Got like 60 of those damn pieces and won a small fry.

I give all the actual monopoly game pieces to my brother and just want the instant win ones. I'll have to check and see if he won anything yet.

Some people gamble, or play the lottery, I eat manmade fake fat in all it's deliciousness while trying to win something on peel monopoly!!!
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

LOL, you eat there more than I do it sounds like. The last couple years I would go there a few times a week during the Monopoly season. This year I've only eaten there about 4 times. Usually my best win is 10% off at footlocker or a free pop or something.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

The most I ever won on that game is a Big Mac. I've never won any money, but I still love t play!
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
mefford76
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by mefford76 »

i don't remember ever winning anything in any sort of contest. maybe my karma is saving up for a nice trip to Europe for me or something.
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

No matter how much you win you still lose for eating at McDonalds. :lol:
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Colinito wrote:No matter how much you win you still lose for eating at McDonalds. :lol:
LOL. I like their McNuggets a lot. They are distinct. They are supposed to be chicken, but taste totally different. They get made fun of a lot, but I like them. Fries are good there if they are fresh, though I try to stay away from them because they are incredibly fatty.

As for the health concerns, I don't supersize meals and I'm fairly active so it doesn't hurt me too much. As long as you burn the calories you take in it doesn't matter where they come from. Cholesterol is obviously a concern, but I don't eat there often and generally do eat healthy. My cholesterol level, when checked 6 months ago, was quite low so it must not hurt me too much.

I do watch what I order after seeing Super Size me though.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Bah, super size me is tree hunger propaganda. Guy is married to a vegan, he obviously has some issues. (take that vegans!)

As far as not mattering where calories come from, if that was the case I would eat at McDs every day and not the turkey sandwich I usually eat. ;) So much garbage in that food. But at the same time, my taste buds do indeed win eating there. They use that fake stuff for a reason. The fries are sodium drenched fatty deliciousness. The pop tastes like they sweeten it with pure sugar. And yes, those chicken nuggets are addictive, not sure what they are, because they sure don't taste like chicken...they taste like I'd image the chicken that lays the golden eggs would! (yeah, I know)
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

Got some comedians on the board today. Demi must still be high off that victory he stole from me on Sunday.

IMO, it's not only about staying slim, it's about the whole picture-- workers' rights, farmers' rights, animals' rights...

I recommend "Fast Food Nation" (the book not the movie) to anyone who is interested in that sort of thing. It's not propaganda, but rather the 3 year research project of a very thorough man who traces the history of fast food. Very interesting stuff for even those who will continue to scarf down liquified chicken in convenient nugget form.

It's not about being vegan vs. not vegan. It's about sustainable vs. not sustainable, independent vs. mega-corporation, local vs. international, safe vs. unsafe, values vs. money.

I've got a lot of friends who eat meat (and that's cool), but when they do they get the grass fed organic beef---you know, the way everything was 60 years ago but now you have to pay 3x the price just to get something not pumped full of hormones....but I digress...
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Colinito wrote:I've got a lot of friends who eat meat (and that's cool), but when they do they get the grass fed organic beef---you know, the way everything was 60 years ago but now you have to pay 3x the price just to get something not pumped full of hormones....but I digress...
I generally eat local meat that hasn't been treated with crap (at least for beef and deer.) Not only is it healthier, it tastes much better. Especially steak. Its so much better than the grocery store bought stuff.
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

I generally eat local meat that hasn't been treated with crap (at least for beef and deer.) Not only is it healthier, it tastes much better. Especially steak. Its so much better than the grocery store bought stuff.
That's the way to do it. Not only is it healthier and better tasting, but the animals are treated WAY better. A lot of the smaller farms still love and care for their livestock, and give them names and let them graze and take good care of them.

Factory Farms, which provide most of the meat found in supermarkets and fast food chains, are awful awful places. Like ghettoes for cattle. And I also believe cattle should only eat grass, not corn and cheap grains and chicken blood and other cows' ground entrails and antibiotics and growth hormones like at factory farms.

Not that I'm trying to preach or anything, really just joking around about the Monopoly thing. I actually think the strategy commercial is pretty funny.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

mmm, something extra tasty about chickens and cows that have been fed other chicken and cows. It's like, twice the chickeny cowy taste!
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Demi wrote:mmm, something extra tasty about chickens and cows that have been fed other chicken and cows. It's like, twice the chickeny cowy taste!
YUM. Its like having two steaks in one!
Vikingsfan2026
Starter

Post by Vikingsfan2026 »

All I've ever won were some fries. :? Lol.

Go pack your fudge and eat your cheese packer fans.
:puke: Packers