Goodnight Yankee's

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

jackal
Strong Safety

Goodnight Yankee's

Post by jackal »

The team you either love or hate chokes after a great
second half of the season.

I am so glad the Tankee's blew it again !

:lol: :banana: :lmao:
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Glad to see them gone. I didn't want them in there in the first place and now it will be interesting to see how fast George fires Torre. He has to blame someone so it might as well be the manager. Just goes to prove you can't buy a World Series Championship anymore.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

:D :lol: :clap: :vi1:

I love it. Once again they can't get it done in the playoffs. $200 million can buy you a shot in the postseason, but it sure doesn't win it for you.

Looking forward to a Colorado-Cleveland World Series, though any of the possible matchups would be entertaining. Boston is looking too strong to be stopped, but if anybody can do it it is Cleveland. They seem to be strong about everywhere.

Will Mattingly take over as Manager? I would possibly like them a little more if he did get the job, not much but a little. He was always a favorite of mine.

They should just have a firesale of most of their stars and go with the young guys that carried them this year (Arod excluded from the comment, Jeter would stay since he's their leader and was their prospect.) They wouldn't be amazing for a couple years (no big change :wink:) but would be a very strong team in a few years and could be for a very long time once again.
KillerPat
All Pro Elite Player

Post by KillerPat »

GO TRIBE
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

i really hate the yankees. i'm glad they choked. i will feel bad for torre though when he gets canned. he seems like a classy guy.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

viking_guy wrote:i really hate the yankees. i'm glad they choked. i will feel bad for torre though when he gets canned. he seems like a classy guy.
It is pretty much bull. That team sucked for nearly 20 years until he showed up. Sure he had the money behind him to sign players, but they always had that. But continued to not get it done until he took over. He's a HOF easily in my book.

I do hope Mattingly gets the job if Torre is canned though.
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Found this interesting:

Since 2000 the Yankees:

1. They're 25-31 in the past seven postseasons.

2. They lost seven different playoff games that could have finished off opponents.

3. They've had the highest payroll for every season -- including 2007 -- and yet, with their playoff lives on the line, they had to throw out Chien-Ming Wang on three days rest.

4. Not one, not two, but three different teams have ended Yankee seasons on Yankee soil.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/st ... ons/071011

I knew they struggled in the postseason, but thought they had a better record than that. Boy that team is built for April-September and not for October. I love it.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

wang_chi7 wrote:Found this interesting:

Since 2000 the Yankees:

4. Not one, not two, but three different teams have ended Yankee seasons on Yankee soil.
Too bad the Twins aren't one of them. <sigh>

But I'm just as happy as every other hater of the Evil Empire. They are the team I most like to root against. (Well, besides the Packers, that is.) And nothing makes me happier than to have it proven that money can't buy George another World Championship.

Dawn
We'd better not lose Johan to the Yankees