Sopcast down??

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Sopcast down??

Post by Fran the Man »

Is it just me, or is anyone else not able to pull up the "Streaming NFL games" on Sopcast?

I've had the website bookmarked for weeks, but now, another site comes up titled "None" I was just trying to check it out to see if the Viking game was covered and it seems to be gone.

I've gone to the home page but can't seem to navigate myself to the NFL games. Anyone else having trouble?

This is my last weekend I have to be in the middle of nowhere (No TV coverage) and I really want to see this game!
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I got the big NONE too. :?

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys got a cease & desist order from the NFL. Have faith though, it's only a matter of time until another service like SOPcast crops up, once these things get started (i.e. Napster) it's hard for the powers-that-be to completely kill them off.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

NoDakViking wrote:I got the big NONE too. :?

I wouldn't be surprised if these guys got a cease & desist order from the NFL. Have faith though, it's only a matter of time until another service like SOPcast crops up, once these things get started (i.e. Napster) it's hard for the powers-that-be to completely kill them off.
Well I sure hope someone "Crops up" in the next 24 hours because I'm in the middle of the Alaskan interior with no TV reception but I do have Starband internet. It's been a blast being able to pick up the Viking games on Sopcast.
Now here's one of the most important games of the season and I wont be able to see it. Bummer.

Oh well, the guys here give a pretty good play by play.
tytantim
Backup

Post by tytantim »

You need a slingbox. I could possibly let you tap into mine sunday.
Official driver of the VTU.
tytantim
Backup

Post by tytantim »

The old one got shut down. Here is the new link.

http://myp2p.eu/NFL.htm
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Sweet, thanks for the link tytantim!
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

tytantim wrote:You need a slingbox. I could possibly let you tap into mine sunday.
Are you serious??!!
Just tell me how.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

tytantim wrote:The old one got shut down. Here is the new link.

Looks good. Which should I download, "Live football 2007" or "Satalite TV on computer" ??
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

tytantim wrote:The old one got shut down. Here is the new link.

Thanks a bunch for the help.
I went to the myp2p site and apparently it's a subscription for $49.00.
Which is a great deal and I got my vise out to sign on but figured I should check it out first. So I went to the Sop cast site and it looks like I simply have to click on it like I've done the last couple of weeks and it works.
Is Sop cast free thru this P2P site?
Have you given your credit card info to them with no problems?

Any more info you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

As far as tapping into your sling box, how does that work?
If it works and you're willing to let me, I definitely what to do that.
Let me know, and thanks again.
tytantim
Backup

Post by tytantim »

Those two are other pay sites. You should just need your sopcast player software. I have not used this new site yet and have not heard if will work sunday. See what happens. As for slingbox, you need to go to slingbox.com and download the software for free. Then you need my ID and password to find my slingbox. Once connected you can watch my dishnetwork feed for free. I will be leaving for the game at 6am tomorrow so tomorrow is out. But if you are having problems in the future I am willing to help out a fellow fan.
jackal
Strong Safety

van

Post by jackal »

nice van ... tytantim

wondering who did the paint job and how much it was ?
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

NoDakViking wrote:Sweet, thanks for the link tytantim!
Hey NoDakViking, Did you pay for the Sopcast feed on the P2P site or do you think it'll play anyway?

This is my last weekend uphere (In the middle of nowhere) and I hate to pay $50 just for one game.
What do you think, will sopcast work anyway?
JonPurpleHaze
Transition Player

Post by JonPurpleHaze »

I just found out that the old site has moved to:
http://applecore.narod.ru/
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

tytantim wrote:Those two are other pay sites. You should just need your sopcast player software. I have not used this new site yet and have not heard if will work sunday. See what happens. As for slingbox, you need to go to slingbox.com and download the software for free. Then you need my ID and password to find my slingbox. Once connected you can watch my dishnetwork feed for free. I will be leaving for the game at 6am tomorrow so tomorrow is out. But if you are having problems in the future I am willing to help out a fellow fan.
Is your offer open to any Vikings fans? SopCast is so frustrating, half the time the game isn't on and the other half it's so slow that it's unwatchable.

If you can setup a feed so us less fortunate can watch the games I'd be really grateful. I don't like taking things for free and would be happy to paypal you some $$ to help cover your subscription.
tytantim
Backup

Re: van

Post by tytantim »

Jackel,

Family friend did the work. Paint was 4K.

As far as my slingbox goes, if I around to monitor it use on game day I am open to your request S197.