What's the deal with sopcast?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

What's the deal with sopcast?

Post by Fran the Man »

I just checked the schedule on the sopcast site
http://streamednfl.blogspot.com/
And it looks like the Viking/Lions game is the ONLY one not covered!
Since I'm going to be in the Interior this weekend (Again, I missed the Atlanta game too) I'm pretty bummed out i won't be seeing the game.

Any one know of any other alternatives on getting the game online?
Please help!
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

I have been listening via streaming radio with the NFL.com game center on and the message board game thread, and it has been fun.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I suspect because it says "Fox" that it will be broadcast via another program (possibly TVUplayer) similarly to last week. Which is unfortunate because I could not get whatever software was used in last week's game to work for me.

But I did see several people being able to view the game through this method so you might not be out of luck yet.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Thanks for the info guys. I'll check out both venues.
jeg067
Starter

Post by jeg067 »

It's on sopcast now .... :D
The natural state of the football fan is bitter disappointment. - N.H.
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

jeg067 wrote:It's on sopcast now .... :D
I saw that, thanks!
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Colinito wrote:I have been listening via streaming radio with the NFL.com game center on and the message board game thread, and it has been fun.
That's what I do also. I have NFL Access and will listen while hanging out here on the board. Usually a pretty good time.
Mike

S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

jeg067 wrote:It's on sopcast now .... :D
Lets hope its REALLY on sopcast this week. Hopefully there's no nascar tomorrw...
Fran the Man
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Fran the Man »

Colinito wrote:I have been listening via streaming radio with the NFL.com game center on and the message board game thread, and it has been fun.
Although Sopcast shos that it will air the Vikings game, I don't want to take any chances.
So where is the Streaming radio link on NFL.com?
I've searched their site and can't seem to find it.
WichitaKSViking
Starter

Post by WichitaKSViking »

Yep Sopcast let us down again..... Well at least I know for a fact I will be watching next weeks game on TV being here in Wichita... Yippie...
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

"Sopcast" is a peer to peer streaming network - it's not a business, not a person, not even a non-profit organization. If a feed of the Vikings game failed to materialize it just means that no Vikings fans chose to put the stream online. Probably not too surprising, statistically speaking, coming out of one of the smallest TV markets in the country.
Lynch
Practice Squad

Post by Lynch »

Thats a shame, Vikings is not my absoult fabourite team but its Minesota and it would be fun to watch sometime
"Ja, jag vill leva! Jag vill dö i Norden!"
californiaviking
Starter

Post by californiaviking »

I was disapointed last week to find that every game was on sopcast but not the Vikes. I found that they are not on the list of teams that are covered each week. The good news is that almost every team we play is covered. The games that we absolutely won't get are the detroit game, the san fran game, and the washington game. The games that we MIGHT get are the dallas, san diego, and denver games. Every other game should be on. I don't know if this is a revelation to anyone because I am new to the sopcast arena, but I thought I would share my findings because it is important to me to watch the games. Lets cross our fingers this week with KC.