Start Wearing Purple

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

BGM
Hall of Famer

Start Wearing Purple

Post by BGM »

Gogol Bordello, the Gypsy-punk band responsible for the song "Start Wearing Purple", which I consider my own personal Vikings theme song, is going to be performing at First Avenue in downtown Minneapolis on November 1st. The first time I saw this video (someone posted it here a year or two ago) I thought it was great. Here is a link to the Quicktime video if you have not seen it, or need to get this catchy tune back into your brain. :)

http://gogolbordello.com/chronicles/vid ... index.html
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
KillerPat
All Pro Elite Player

Post by KillerPat »

I love this band. Im glad they support our vikes!

If you like crazy punk/folk music check them out. Gypsy Punk is the perfect description of them.
odinspeak
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by odinspeak »

thanks for the link...by the way I was one the one who posted it last year in the thread about the new theme song the Vikes were using...

Gypsy Punk is an exellent album...also e-music has all of the Gogol Bordello stuff and if you sign up you can get 25 downloads for free and than you can cancel the subscription if you dont want to continue...
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

odinspeak wrote:thanks for the link...by the way I was one the one who posted it last year in the thread about the new theme song the Vikes were using...

Gypsy Punk is an exellent album...also e-music has all of the Gogol Bordello stuff and if you sign up you can get 25 downloads for free and than you can cancel the subscription if you dont want to continue...
Thanks for posting it originally! This song always jazzes me up!

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
Colinito
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Colinito »

thanks for the song! liked it a lot. klezmir punk I guess. Definitely cool in relation with the Vikings.

If you like klezmir stuff, you should check out a band called Estradasphere out of Santa Cruz, CA. They play seriously everything under the sun, from doo-wop to deathmetal, but they have quite a few klezmir songs. This one klezmir/death metal song called "Ballad of Tosho and Slavi" that I'm thinking of in particular. It's pretty awesome.