Finally an HGH test for MLB?

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Finally an HGH test for MLB?

Post by wang_chi7 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3017042

MLB might have a test for HGH by next year. It would involve blood rather than urine and would have to be accepted by the players. Donald Fehr had no comment so far, I'm sure he'll fight it.

Gene Upshaw said he is totally against a blood test in the NFL.

Both leagues better get this done, especially baseball as there is much more pressure on them to clean up the game from the media and public. Of course, after one of the two accept it, the other league will be put under pressure to do it too.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

I read the subject line and thought "why would they only test middle linebackers?" :oops: :)
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

John wrote:I read the subject line and thought "why would they only test middle linebackers?" :oops: :)
LOL, never thought of that. Should have put "baseball" instead. You would quickly see guys switching to OLB or teams declaring all their backers were somehow outside LB's :).
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

wang_chi7 wrote: LOL, never thought of that. Should have put "baseball" instead. You would quickly see guys switching to OLB or teams declaring all their backers were somehow outside LB's :).
MLB's would be declaring themselves offensive linemen quicker than the Vice President declared he wasn't in the executive branch.