Zeppelin!

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

DanAS1
Hall of Famer

Post by DanAS1 »

John wrote:Page looks like five miles of bad road... yeah they were fun. Some said great, I'd give them very good at best. Page was a very talented guy, was it he or Beck who started out playing bass? I saw them at a rock festival in the 70s. :wink:

Why young people are sucked in to paying big money to see these guys, the Stones, etc. today is beyond me. Isn't there any band doing anything for young people today? We had so many, they were good, fun times, but these are old guys today. Must be like me seeing Sinatra, Davis Jr., Dean Martin when I was young... almost mentioned Elvis, who I saw at the old Met Sports Center too, but he wasn't several decades older than me. Is it that same thing today with old bands?
I was a Stones fanatic, and still love their old stuff, but would never want to see them live again. I feel the same way about Zep. I'd rather listen to them recorded when they were in their prime than watch them perform in some sort of "Champions Tour" gig. There's just too much deterioration over the years.

Give me Radiohead or Dave Matthews instead.