White Sox end history-making game in 13th inning

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

White Sox end history-making game in 13th inning

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=270907104

CHICAGO (AP) -- When their team gave up six runs in the top of the ninth after entering it tied with Minnesota, disgruntled White Sox fans streamed out of U.S. Cellular Field and headed home.

Whoops.

Jim Thome helped the White Sox erase a six-run deficit and make some major league history before beating Minnesota 11-10 in 13 innings Friday night. Thome's 496th career homer highlighted the unprecedented rally.

It was the first time two big league teams each scored six runs to remain tied after the ninth.

This is exactly why I hate it when managers and teams get all upset when a player steals a base when they are up by 8 runs or 10 runs or whatever. Baseball isn't a timed game, anything can happen. I don't know if the Twins were less aggressive after they scored 6 runs in the 9th, but my point is, any team can score any amount of runs at any time. I remember back in I think 1993 when Philadelphia scored like 9 runs in the top of the 9th and beat the Dodgers. But then inning before if LA had tried to steal a base with an 8 run lead, the Phillies would have gotten all upset.

Grow up people, this is baseball. Anything can happen.

PS Please don't turn this into a steroid thread...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: White Sox end history-making game in 13th inning

Post by wang_chi7 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:
PS Please don't turn this into a steroid thread...
How else do you explain 12 runs in an inning? :wink: