POLICE: Grandmother gave 9-year-old gin

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

This story has been discussed a lot today locally. It's probably in both papers, here is a brief from KSTP:

...Police arrived at the apartment around 10 p.m. after getting an anonymous call that a child was given alcohol. Ryan said a portable breath test showed the girl had an alcohol level of .042 percent, about half the legal limit for driving, more than eight hours after drinking the gin.
http://kstp.com/article/stories/S186037.shtml?cat=1
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Omg I bet the grandmom was drunk!!! :lol:
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

IT said she wanted to go out so she gave gin to the baby so it would pass out. Makes me so happy that a responsible, smart person like me can't have kids, while idiots like this are raising kids with alcohol.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

PurpleMustReign wrote:IT said she wanted to go out so she gave gin to the baby so it would pass out. Makes me so happy that a responsible, smart person like me can't have kids, while idiots like this are raising kids with alcohol.
It said "a portable breath test showed the girl had an alcohol level of .042 percent, about half the legal limit for driving, more than eight hours after drinking the gin."

More than eight hours later?????? That kid was at a level she could have died earlier.

Raising kids is a task, a long one, one you need to be ever devoted to or you'll fail them. I'll stop there.
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:IT said she wanted to go out so she gave gin to the baby so it would pass out. Makes me so happy that a responsible, smart person like me can't have kids, while idiots like this are raising kids with alcohol.
enforcing my belief that some people are parents only because they are biologically capable of being so