Big Ten Network

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Demi
Commissioner

Big Ten Network

Post by Demi »

Yet another reason to get dish! Not sure what other companies have it, but yet another channel the cable companies refuse to carry. At this point I blame them, not sure how it is dish can carry nfl network and big ten network, yet cable companies refuse to. Is it the technology? I don't know, what I do know is I'll get to see every no name college the Gophers get to thrash this year on..BIG TEN NETWORK!
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

I don't see it on DishNetwork... maybe it's part of some optional sports package we don't get.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Must just be directv then, it only launched last week. 3 Gopher games will be broadcast on it this year, I'm not an alumni, but I enjoy football and I follow the U being born and raised here. Was excited to see it added to our channel lineup a spot or two above the NFL Network.
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Post by DeeEss57 »

Demi wrote:Must just be directv then, it only launched last week. 3 Gopher games will be broadcast on it this year, I'm not an alumni, but I enjoy football and I follow the U being born and raised here. Was excited to see it added to our channel lineup a spot or two above the NFL Network.

It is just on DirecTV. Which I have. And I will be watching the Gophs tonight.

I got to see Michigan lose to App State! What a game!

Dawn
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

Demi wrote:Must just be directv then, it only launched last week. 3 Gopher games will be broadcast on it this year, I'm not an alumni, but I enjoy football and I follow the U being born and raised here. Was excited to see it added to our channel lineup a spot or two above the NFL Network.
I just learned of its existence today and I already hate it. Why on earth was today's Northwestern/Northeastern game on TV at all? I assumed I would actually get a game without the stupid TV timeouts, but no, it was on Big 10 Network, so we got to sit through that too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

glg wrote: I just learned of its existence today and I already hate it. Why on earth was today's Northwestern/Northeastern game on TV at all? I assumed I would actually get a game without the stupid TV timeouts, but no, it was on Big 10 Network, so we got to sit through that too.

Why would you get a game without the TV timeouts? I don't get it.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote: Why would you get a game without the TV timeouts? I don't get it.
Sorry if it wasn't obvious, but I was at the game. When you're at the game and it's not on TV, things go a lot faster.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

glg wrote: Sorry if it wasn't obvious, but I was at the game. When you're at the game and it's not on TV, things go a lot faster.

Oh, duh... I forgot you live there and went to NW.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
glg
Site Admin

Post by glg »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Oh, duh... I forgot you live there and went to NW.
Season ticket holder too :D
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

I'm getting really fed up with Commy cast.

no NFL network on the $120/month cable we pay, plus no big-10 network...

But boyhowdee, I get Disney Kids, the Home and Garden Television, and all the spanish language music channels I could stomach...

but NONE of the channels that I want...

funny how that works out.
What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Swaps wrote:I'm getting really fed up with Commy cast.

But boyhowdee, I get Disney Kids, the Home and Garden Television, and all the spanish language music channels I could stomach...

Gee, sounds like Comcast is run by the same idiots that run Cox. That's why I don't have but the basic $9 bare minimum service. I refuse to pay all that money for one or two channels that I want.
Mike

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Kansas Viking wrote: Gee, sounds like Comcast is run by the same idiots that run Cox. That's why I don't have but the basic $9 bare minimum service. I refuse to pay all that money for one or two channels that I want.

I wish they had an "a la carte" type service, where you could pick 5-10 channels and watch them only. As long as I get Food TV, ESPN 1 & 2, and FSN North, I'll be just fine.
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Swaps wrote:I'm getting really fed up with Commy cast.

You pay $120/month for cable TV?
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

cable tv and internet.

my roommates need an internet connection for their work.
One is a PM for a heating/ac company and the other is an estimator for a heavy construction company. So it's not something we can give up
What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Swaps wrote:cable tv and internet.

my roommates need an internet connection for their work.
One is a PM for a heating/ac company and the other is an estimator for a heavy construction company. So it's not something we can give up
So the answer is: No, you don't pay $120 per month for cable TV. Comcast charged about $60 per month for internet when I quit them... you need to get your roommates to chuck in more for their service. :wink: