The teens will rule soon. :)

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Bartender/Retired

The teens will rule soon. :)

Post by John »

NJ Teen Unlocks IPhone From AT&T Network

iPhone Hacker Explains How He Did It

NEW YORK (AP) - A 17-year-old hacker has broken the lock that ties Apple's iPhone to AT&T's wireless network, freeing the most hyped cell phone ever for use on the networks of other carriers, including overseas ones.

George Hotz of Glen Rock, N.J., confirmed Friday that he had unlocked an iPhone and was using it on T-Mobile's network, the only major U.S. carrier apart from AT&T that is compatible with the iPhone's cellular technology. In a video posted to his blog, he holds an iPhone that displays "T-Mobile" as the carrier.

While the possibility of switching from AT&T to T-Mobile may not be a major development for U.S. consumers, it opens up the iPhone for use on the networks of overseas carriers.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

I was reading this last night. I spent my summer vacations doing vastly different things than this kid did. And believe me, I had way more fun. :)
Mike

Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Kansas Viking wrote:I was reading this last night. I spent my summer vacations doing vastly different things than this kid did. And believe me, I had way more fun. :)
I know what you mean. It really feels like a good part of my generation is trading in it's youth and trying to achieve early retirement.
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

Cliff wrote: I know what you mean. It really feels like a good part of my generation is trading in it's youth and trying to achieve early retirement.
and not just early retirement. We as a generation have traded in experience for diversion. Its not fun, its just easy. Kids don't get outside and play anymore.