Rangers break records with 30-3 rout

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

BALTIMORE (AP) - Five runs in the fourth inning.

Nine runs in the sixth.
Ten in the eighth.
Six more in the ninth.

The Texas Rangers rounded the bases at a dizzying pace and became the first team in 110 years to score 30 runs in a game, setting an American League record Wednesday in a 30-3 rout of the Baltimore Orioles.

"This is something freaky. You won't see anything like this again for a long, long time. I am glad I was on this end of it," said Marlon Byrd, who hit one of two Texas grand slams.

Trailing 3-0 in the opener of a doubleheader, Texas couldn't be stopped. Finally, the last-place Rangers did something right.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/7146586
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

I read that, I thought it was a football score. That's pretty good, to get 30 runs.
The Twins haven't scored 30 runs all year, I don't think... :?
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Its amazing, hasn't happened since 1897 and that is considered before the modern era (circa 1901.)

They got the record for doubleheader runs scored, without needing the second game. They also had less hits than runs (29.)

Simply brilliant. Their lineup is feist or famine evidently. They either strike out 19 times or score 30 runs in a game; and those two happenings were in the same week :shock:.
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

They outscored the Vikings' offense this preseason.

Wow! :shock:
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
viking_guy
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by viking_guy »

that was amazing.