Classic Santana

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Demi wrote:From what I could find Steinbrenner is worth about 300 million, Pohlad is worth 2.6 billion.

But the revenue of the Twins is next to nothing. Operating income is terrible. We're talking bottom 5 in both categories. Of course, the yankees are losing money when it comes to the "baseball money" that the Twins use to fund the entire thing. But the Yankees are the only team that appears to be using money out of the owners pocket.

And the Twins payroll is still higher then 10 other teams. Should they spend more? Maybe. But the team has the third lowest overall revenue in the entire league...
Where did you get the team revenues from?

I hate to say it, but the team just needs to increase prices on tickets. I was able to go for 7 bucks for Saturday and Sunday and was in the lower level outfield seats on Friday for something like 25 bucks this week. Thats asking for nearly nothing. I bet most people would be willing to pay at least 25% more to go to the games. Buying parking garages nearby the new stadium would help too.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Demi wrote:And the Twins payroll is still higher then 10 other teams. Should they spend more? Maybe. But the team has the third lowest overall revenue in the entire league...
But they are also getting a new stadium soon that is supposed to help keep the team competitive. That's what Pohlad and co have been whining about for so long, they couldn't afford to spend $$ on players because they had an old stadium that was unsuitable for making money and paying players. Now he's getting his stadium, and I know he's going to use the extra money he is putting into it (for the land) against us and not spend more money on players.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018