Madden 08

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

mcdaking84
Veteran

Post by mcdaking84 »

at the end of the year you can see your player progression. Stupid because they used to let you progress through the year
Last edited by mcdaking84 on Sun Aug 19, 2007 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

mcdaking84 wrote:at teh end of teh year you can see your player progression. STupid because they used to let you progres through the year
I'm seeing progression during the year...same as last season.

As far as fumbling etc, I've heard turning the difficulty to pro, and upping the sliders some is actually better then playing on allpro or allmadden because of the way the AI was coded this year. Could be wrong, that's just what I've read.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I'm playing a Vikings franchise now on my PC, and i'm not experiencing ridiculous amounts of fumbles or interceptions. Hah, maybe you guys just stink :lol:

Rice really made some plays for me, at 6'4" with excellent jumping ability he snagged a lot of TDs for me. Allison also proved to be a good slot receiver with his great speed.

Scott at LE is a beast! He racked up 19 sacks and easily led the league and won d-lineman of the year honors. Anyone else have success with him?

Overall, in Madden terms the Vikings aren't really that bad. The big thing they have against them is they have a ton of young guys on offense with low AWR ratings, but that's easily fixed by playing smart and training in the offseason.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Scott at LE is a beast! He racked up 19 sacks and easily led the league and won d-lineman of the year honors. Anyone else have success with him?
Robison is a beast! He racked up 21 sacks and easily led the league, won all awards.
Rice really made some plays for me, at 6'4" with excellent jumping ability he snagged a lot of TDs for me. Allison also proved to be a good slot receiver with his great speed.
I had Allison lined up across from Williamson with Rice in the slot. Yeah, Rice is best WR on the team in the game.

Tarvaris got precision passer weapon after the season! Marcus Johnson got run blocker weapon. Picked up a RG and DE in free agency. Drafted a TE first round, MLB second, and WR third.

Been dinking with the difficulty and sliders still havent found a great one, looks like all madden with some adjustments is closest to realistic though.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Demi wrote:
Even before my first season started I signed Mike Williams at RT and some old guy at RG. Served me well, my whole line was Top 5. I think I need to increase the difficulty :shock: