Madden 08

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

MichViking
Transition Player

Madden 08

Post by MichViking »

comes out on tuesday, do we have any gamers out there? i know im getting it, i have xbox 360, and this years version is suppose to kick #### finally. all reviews have been good so far.
RIP Sean Taylor
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I play online franchises quite a bit...which they don't even have this year. No spawn option or anyway of playing offline franchise games online anymore. :(

Vikings are sooo weak...QBs are useless, and the WRs are close enough, along with TEs.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

I'll probably get it only because there really isn't anything else.

I'm probably in the minority here but I never was a real big Madden fan. I always thought other games like NFL 2k sports did a better job.
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

I'm interested to know what our rookie's ability scores are, particularly Peterson.

It will be interesting to see how they changed TJack's abilities from last year. In '07 he has decent stats except for a completely atrocious awareness rating (in the 40s I think).

All you console gamers are spoiled. PC gamers like me will have to wait until 08 to get this game.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

http://www.sportsgamer.com/games/madden ... m/vikings/

Jackson is terrible, our WRs are terrible, our tight ends are terrible! Least we have some solid guys on defense! Heck, our HBs have a pretty weak carry rating too! :(
Plainsmen_2
Starter

Post by Plainsmen_2 »

I'm getting it for the Wii. Yeah that's right the Wii.....
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

Peterson's stats are alright, but I noticed this oddness:

Peterson:
Throw Power 35
Throw Accuracy 40

LeDainian Tomlinson:
Throw Power 25
Throw Accuracy 22

Heh, do the Madden people know something we don't know (yet) about Peterson?
I thought for sure that LT's passer ratings would be halfway decent, considering how many TD passes he threw last year.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Leber 79? omg why did i even reserve this game? Just play All Pro Football 2k8. So much better.
Greenway 79? WTF? so if your injured your rating goes down huh? wtf (82 to 79)
Tarvaris Jackson 76 better than last year but his stats are still the same?
Sidney Rice 78? hmm so apparently having 85 catching and almost 90 speed isn't enough to make him 81?
Tank Williams went from 86 to 75. Wow this is gay. He was injured so i guess that means his overall goes down 11 points.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
vikingsfrenzy
Backup

Post by vikingsfrenzy »

I'm not a gamer but I know about the Madden Cover curse. What do you guys think? The last thing that the Titans want is to lose Young.

Sorry to switch subjects...kind of
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

all I can say is the graphics look good but the animation in the commercials looks very poor. I think last years madden is still the best.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

Just play All Pro Football 2k8. So much better.
Where they don't have NFL players, teams, or heck, even ratings!!! :lol:
MichViking
Transition Player

Post by MichViking »

wow im shocked...alot more gamers here then i thought! but yeah i was never a madden fan either, but there really is no other choice if u want current nfl players. my fav football game of all time still is 2k5. anyways, i work at best buy, and i saw in the strategy guide for madden that tjack was 77, and even considered a weapon. scramble weapon that is. Dsharper is a smart DB, and has the ability to read plays after awhile. kwill and pwill are weapons on the line. adrian peterson is rated 85 overall, which is nice. sidney rice is actually the highest rated reciever at 80, and is also a spectacular catch weapon, means he can make catches other recievers cant. in case u guys didnt know, the weapon thing is the new feature this year, and it seems alright....but it will really bolster the stats of those players. i'll post my feelings after i play it tomorrow. for all of u that are getting it! enjoy!
RIP Sean Taylor
HornedMessiah
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by HornedMessiah »

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:Greenway 79? WTF? so if your injured your rating goes down huh? wtf (82 to 79)
Tarvaris Jackson 76 better than last year but his stats are still the same?
Sidney Rice 78? hmm so apparently having 85 catching and almost 90 speed isn't enough to make him 81?
If you've played enough Madden you'd realize how heavily the Awareness rating impacts the Overall rating; I've especially noticed this with defensive players.

The reason Greenway and Rice's OVR ratings are so low is because they have low AWR, which makes sense considering they are rookies (Well, Greenway isn't but he can still be considered one somewhat)

AWR is the key.
WichitaKSViking
Starter

Post by WichitaKSViking »

Yep 2k5 is the best of all time.... I even have 2k2 the one with Randy Moss on the front that was the starter of that beautiful 2k football... I will probably try this game out on the comp. this year.. I've never played any sports games on the PC so thought this was a good time to try... Love to hear some reviews when all you peeps have played it...
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Madden is an arcade game, so I don't get all that hyped up when it comes out.

As long as EA keeps taking out features for the PC version, I could really care less about it.

It's too bad All Pro Football 2k8 doesn't have career league play.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike: