View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Madden 08 
Transition Player

Post Madden 08
comes out on tuesday, do we have any gamers out there? i know im getting it, i have xbox 360, and this years version is suppose to kick #### finally. all reviews have been good so far.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:33 pm
Commissioner

I play online franchises quite a bit...which they don't even have this year. No spawn option or anyway of playing offline franchise games online anymore. :(

Vikings are sooo weak...QBs are useless, and the WRs are close enough, along with TEs.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:55 pm
Fenrir

I'll probably get it only because there really isn't anything else.

I'm probably in the minority here but I never was a real big Madden fan. I always thought other games like NFL 2k sports did a better job.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:17 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I'm interested to know what our rookie's ability scores are, particularly Peterson.

It will be interesting to see how they changed TJack's abilities from last year. In '07 he has decent stats except for a completely atrocious awareness rating (in the 40s I think).

All you console gamers are spoiled. PC gamers like me will have to wait until 08 to get this game.

Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:25 pm
Commissioner

http://www.sportsgamer.com/games/madden08/roster/team/vikings/

Jackson is terrible, our WRs are terrible, our tight ends are terrible! Least we have some solid guys on defense! Heck, our HBs have a pretty weak carry rating too! :(

Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:29 pm
Starter

I'm getting it for the Wii. Yeah that's right the Wii.....

Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:20 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Peterson's stats are alright, but I noticed this oddness:

Peterson:
Throw Power 35
Throw Accuracy 40

LeDainian Tomlinson:
Throw Power 25
Throw Accuracy 22

Heh, do the Madden people know something we don't know (yet) about Peterson?
I thought for sure that LT's passer ratings would be halfway decent, considering how many TD passes he threw last year.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:03 am
Hall of Famer

Leber 79? omg why did i even reserve this game? Just play All Pro Football 2k8. So much better.
Greenway 79? WTF? so if your injured your rating goes down huh? wtf (82 to 79)
Tarvaris Jackson 76 better than last year but his stats are still the same?
Sidney Rice 78? hmm so apparently having 85 catching and almost 90 speed isn't enough to make him 81?
Tank Williams went from 86 to 75. Wow this is gay. He was injured so i guess that means his overall goes down 11 points.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:11 pm
Backup

I'm not a gamer but I know about the Madden Cover curse. What do you guys think? The last thing that the Titans want is to lose Young.

Sorry to switch subjects...kind of

Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:20 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Candidate

all I can say is the graphics look good but the animation in the commercials looks very poor. I think last years madden is still the best.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:22 pm
Commissioner

Just play All Pro Football 2k8. So much better.

Where they don't have NFL players, teams, or heck, even ratings!!! :lol:

Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:18 pm
Transition Player

wow im shocked...alot more gamers here then i thought! but yeah i was never a madden fan either, but there really is no other choice if u want current nfl players. my fav football game of all time still is 2k5. anyways, i work at best buy, and i saw in the strategy guide for madden that tjack was 77, and even considered a weapon. scramble weapon that is. Dsharper is a smart DB, and has the ability to read plays after awhile. kwill and pwill are weapons on the line. adrian peterson is rated 85 overall, which is nice. sidney rice is actually the highest rated reciever at 80, and is also a spectacular catch weapon, means he can make catches other recievers cant. in case u guys didnt know, the weapon thing is the new feature this year, and it seems alright....but it will really bolster the stats of those players. i'll post my feelings after i play it tomorrow. for all of u that are getting it! enjoy!

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:33 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Greenway 79? WTF? so if your injured your rating goes down huh? wtf (82 to 79)
Tarvaris Jackson 76 better than last year but his stats are still the same?
Sidney Rice 78? hmm so apparently having 85 catching and almost 90 speed isn't enough to make him 81?

If you've played enough Madden you'd realize how heavily the Awareness rating impacts the Overall rating; I've especially noticed this with defensive players.

The reason Greenway and Rice's OVR ratings are so low is because they have low AWR, which makes sense considering they are rookies (Well, Greenway isn't but he can still be considered one somewhat)

AWR is the key.

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:21 pm
Starter

Yep 2k5 is the best of all time.... I even have 2k2 the one with Randy Moss on the front that was the starter of that beautiful 2k football... I will probably try this game out on the comp. this year.. I've never played any sports games on the PC so thought this was a good time to try... Love to hear some reviews when all you peeps have played it...

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:29 pm
Hall of Famer

Madden is an arcade game, so I don't get all that hyped up when it comes out.

As long as EA keeps taking out features for the PC version, I could really care less about it.

It's too bad All Pro Football 2k8 doesn't have career league play.

Tue Aug 14, 2007 1:13 am
Transition Player

Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:07 pm
Starter

I got it!!! I couldn't protest another year that 2k was gone, that and I did't want the one were Brad Johnson is the starting QB either... We I reallly like it it has some very realisticness to it and I scorched my buddy 41 to 33 last night. Me/Viking Buddy/Cowboys.... I recomend it..

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:55 am
Hall of Famer

The cheat is on for Brett Favre. We knew John Madden fawns all over Favre, but it is now "in the game!" :wink:

Ultra Favre

Warning: this is at least PG13 for language, so do not click on the video at work or with young kids around.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:15 pm
Strong Safety

Post sounds
well if people keep buying it with its poor quality
why should they fix it?

sounds to me like the people who buy this game
over and over again have only themselves to blame.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:00 pm
Fenrir

I've always wished they would implement gang tackling. I mean generally in Madden your guy is taken down by 1 maybe 2 defenders at the most. It'd be neat to see a whole pile of guys on top of a runner like in the real game.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:04 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: sounds
jackal wrote:
well if people keep buying it with its poor quality
why should they fix it?

sounds to me like the people who buy this game
over and over again have only themselves to blame.

*shrug* I havent noticed any huge bugs in current gen. They've only been working on next gen a year or two. Obviously they shouldnt be selling the equivalent of a beta test as a finished product, but they can, with no competition and all. :)

Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:23 pm

if any one wants to play the Cowboys on line....

Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:42 pm
Hall of Famer

This game is GAY!!!! *Warning* Do not play as the Vikings if you get angry really easily. All it is INT city. I mean you can't even play a game where Tarvaris throws an INT unless you run all game, but then you risk Peterson or Taylor fumbling. Or if Tarvaris doesn't throw INT he over throws them or throws out of bounds. Another thing... OUR LINE SUCKS IN PASS BLOCKING IN THIS GAME! I was sacked 3 times 2 from the right side and 1 from the left side in about a span of 2 minutes. It's hard to make 20+ rushes too. You get like ten yards then they just magicly tackle Peterson or Taylor. Peterson has 93 speed and he can't out run a CB that has been playing in the NFL for 11 years!!! DON'T WASTE $60 ON THIS GAME!!!
*Note* lol that video was funny. The same thing happened to me only Arron Rodgers was playing because Favre was injured.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:49 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

I'm just waiting to see what our final roster is before making the trades/draft in last years version to get the roster up to date. The new game doesn't look as good to me as last years anyway.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:12 pm
Commissioner

This game is GAY!!!! *Warning* Do not play as the Vikings if you get angry really easily. All it is INT city. I mean you can't even play a game where Tarvaris throws an INT unless you run all game, but then you risk Peterson or Taylor fumbling. Or if Tarvaris doesn't throw INT he over throws them or throws out of bounds. Another thing... OUR LINE SUCKS IN PASS BLOCKING IN THIS GAME! I was sacked 3 times 2 from the right side and 1 from the left side in about a span of 2 minutes. It's hard to make 20+ rushes too. You get like ten yards then they just magicly tackle Peterson or Taylor. Peterson has 93 speed and he can't out run a CB that has been playing in the NFL for 11 years!!! DON'T WASTE $60 ON THIS GAME!!!

And that's different than the real thing how? :lol: Sorry couldnt resist.

Hopefully I can find a draft file before my season is over. Team needs some help!!! Only bright spot is Rice, he's tearing it up for me. Can't seem to gain more than 11 yards on any rushing play either, I see open ground and think I'm going to take one 80 yards for a TD and suddenly I'm tackled.

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 pm
Hall of Famer

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
Another thing... OUR LINE SUCKS IN PASS BLOCKING IN THIS GAME! I was sacked 3 times 2 from the right side and 1 from the left side in about a span of 2 minutes.

And that's different than the real thing how? :lol: Sorry couldnt resist.

Point on!

That is the same thing I was thinking.

Minniman

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:57 pm
Commissioner

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:02 pm
Hall of Famer

I signed Eric Moulds to the team. The only probably is he is 88 speed!!! He catches it and can't break away for a TD he gets like to the 20 then he is tackled. Otherwise he catches almost everything.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:39 am
Veteran

i love madden but this game is really bad. the defensive backs are superhuman and adrian fumbles 4 times a game. Hopefully Ea releases a patch for the turnover problem that most people are having.

It's still fun but some of the problems are a killer.

If none of you have tried it, give all pro a shot.

Playing with chuck foreman and barry sanders is a blast.

Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:07 pm
Hall of Famer

Wow even Peyton Manning gets at least 2 INT's a game. I mean i threw this pass to Wayne on a drag and the CB like glitches in front of the ball and picks it off. They better be fixing this in an online update soon. Oh btw Peterson fumbles a lot. I dunno know why. Oh yeah there is no "player Progression" to keep track of how good your players get. So yeah no more mid season stat boosts. That's a bad thing because Jackson's accuracy is terrible. One more note... THE LIONS RUN DEFENSE IS ACTUALY GOOD! I MEAN I WAS 15 FOR 35 YARDS WITH PETERSON!! My line still doesn't block. Now even the left side is sucking. This game is just terrible.

Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next