Blame Pro Sports for the Collapse

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Eli wrote:If the Vikings eventually move due to a lack of public funding for a new stadium, we can all look back on the collapse of the 35W bridge as perhaps the single biggest deciding factor. I don't think people will be easily convinced that this bridge collapse can be blamed on the funding of past stadiums, but it will be much easier for stadium detractors to argue against the funding of future projects.
I think most know/or should know the two aren't related. I went to "talk radio" today and there was some of that... I thought it was sad. There are still people in the water, only a political nutcase could try to make some points on the back of this... it's pretty sad for those who see this as a way to advance some agenda. Everyday folks, like you and me, were saving lives in the midst of this thing just a few hours ago... that is the story for me. F the politics for now, there is plenty of time for that.

Send your prayers for the injured, those who have lost family, those who still don't know... and there are many of them, I can't imagine what they're going through.