In 90 degree heat, Andover woman leaves baby in car

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

In 90 degree heat, Andover woman leaves baby in car

Post by PurpleMustReign »

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S150083.shtml?cat=1
ANDOVER, Minn. (AP) - A 25-year-old Andover woman was arrested after leaving her baby locked in a minivan with the windows closed while she shopped at Target, Anoka County authorities said Wednesday.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FREAKIN STUPID?!?!?!

GRRR...
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine »

Amazing! She should definately lose custody for something like that. I am just glad the baby didnt die. We had a 3 year old wander out of the house and get into a car in the driveway last summer and they found her dead...devastating for the entire community.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

I read that at KSTP yesterday morning. Couldn't belive it. Also couldn't believe that they will "decide" whether to charge her. HELLO! I wouldn't have let her back out on the streets.
Mike

illinivikes
Veteran

Post by illinivikes »

Along those same lines:

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=347837

My favorite part is the lady is totally drunk and her 5 1/2 month old kid is on the floor of her car. Yes, I'm proud to be a quad citian.
Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg »

proving once again that some people are parents only because they are biologically capable of being so -
Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps »

there should be a law that says people need to pass an application process before having a child.

you keep hearing about these welfare moms having 5-6-7 kids...

And here I am working 50 hour weeks for the money to buy the things that I want/need.

I can't stand lazy people.
What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Swaps wrote:there should be a law that says people need to pass an application process before having a child.

you keep hearing about these welfare moms having 5-6-7 kids...

And here I am working 50 hour weeks for the money to buy the things that I want/need.

I can't stand lazy people.
Amen. I know way too many of them, too.
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Guys, if you don't want to get political, it really isn't a good idea to get into how most welfare moms really live.

Now, people who leave kids in cars for more than brief period should get into trouble.
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Kansas Viking wrote:I read that at KSTP yesterday morning. Couldn't belive it. Also couldn't believe that they will "decide" whether to charge her. HELLO! I wouldn't have let her back out on the streets.
This is nothing unusual for a law enforcement agency to do. After reviewing the case I would imagine they might up the charges against her. I didn't see anything in the article however, the child was probably turned over to a child protective service agency until the attorneys office decide what charges to bring.