In 90 degree heat, Andover woman leaves baby in car

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

In 90 degree heat, Andover woman leaves baby in car

Post by PurpleMustReign » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:41 am

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S150083.shtml?cat=1
ANDOVER, Minn. (AP) - A 25-year-old Andover woman was arrested after leaving her baby locked in a minivan with the windows closed while she shopped at Target, Anoka County authorities said Wednesday.

WHY ARE PEOPLE SO FREAKIN STUPID?!?!?!

GRRR...
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Post by VikingMachine » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:48 pm

Amazing! She should definately lose custody for something like that. I am just glad the baby didnt die. We had a 3 year old wander out of the house and get into a car in the driveway last summer and they found her dead...devastating for the entire community.
0 x

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking » Fri Jul 27, 2007 2:55 pm

I read that at KSTP yesterday morning. Couldn't belive it. Also couldn't believe that they will "decide" whether to charge her. HELLO! I wouldn't have let her back out on the streets.
0 x
Mike

illinivikes
Veteran

Post by illinivikes » Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:10 pm

Along those same lines:

http://qconline.com/archives/qco/display.php?id=347837

My favorite part is the lady is totally drunk and her 5 1/2 month old kid is on the floor of her car. Yes, I'm proud to be a quad citian.
0 x

Greg
Career Elite Player

Post by Greg » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:01 am

proving once again that some people are parents only because they are biologically capable of being so -
0 x

Swaps
Career Elite Player

Post by Swaps » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:22 am

there should be a law that says people need to pass an application process before having a child.

you keep hearing about these welfare moms having 5-6-7 kids...

And here I am working 50 hour weeks for the money to buy the things that I want/need.

I can't stand lazy people.
0 x
What do you think of my Defense Now?!??! BWRAAARRRGGGG!!
I look good in purple! - Jared Allen

PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:04 pm

Swaps wrote:there should be a law that says people need to pass an application process before having a child.

you keep hearing about these welfare moms having 5-6-7 kids...

And here I am working 50 hour weeks for the money to buy the things that I want/need.

I can't stand lazy people.
Amen. I know way too many of them, too.
0 x
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2017 #BringitHome‬

Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:29 am

Guys, if you don't want to get political, it really isn't a good idea to get into how most welfare moms really live.

Now, people who leave kids in cars for more than brief period should get into trouble.
0 x
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:13 pm

Kansas Viking wrote:I read that at KSTP yesterday morning. Couldn't belive it. Also couldn't believe that they will "decide" whether to charge her. HELLO! I wouldn't have let her back out on the streets.
This is nothing unusual for a law enforcement agency to do. After reviewing the case I would imagine they might up the charges against her. I didn't see anything in the article however, the child was probably turned over to a child protective service agency until the attorneys office decide what charges to bring.
0 x