View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:00 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ] 
 Sweet my First Authentic Jersey!!! 

Good Choice?
Yes 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 3 ]
Give me that Jersey!!! 14%  14%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 7

Sweet my First Authentic Jersey!!! 
Hall of Famer

Post Sweet my First Authentic Jersey!!!
Yeah it came today. My first Authentic Jersey. Some of you will be disapointed, others will be happy. I got a Kevin Williams jersey home colors. I know it was a lot but i ordered it from the Vikings Locker Room Store. It is very nice and i love it. My heart was really set in this jersey and not so much the Tarkenton jersey. Wonder what Swaps will say now lol? Still want to kick me in the nuts??? lol :D

Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:44 pm
Career Elite Player

sucks to be you I guess.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:30 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

I just heard he got traded...

sucks to be you I guess.
:point:
For second i belived you, then i said to myself oh wait it was Swaps lol. Just kidding dude.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:13 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Swaps wrote:
I just heard he got traded...

sucks to be you I guess.
:point:
For second i belived you, then i said to myself oh wait it was Swaps lol. Just kidding dude.

LOL!

I've seen cheap authentic jerseys on eBay, like $60 with shipping. Do you guys think they're legit?

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

They probably are used though. I like mine brand new with that just made smell. :)

Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:47 pm
Career Elite Player

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

I ani't dissapointed in the jersey. It was worth $250.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:29 pm
Strong Safety

Post I have
Quote:
I've seen cheap authentic jerseys on eBay, like $60 with shipping. Do you guys think they're legit?

I have bought six jerseys on ebay and only one of them
didn't live up to the promise of the item.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:17 pm
Hall of Famer

I just don't trust Ebay. Hey who knows what kinda stuff goes on there.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:47 pm
Strong Safety

Post ebay
You just have to look at a sellers comments
before you bid. The two things that usually keep
me from bidding are negatives of the same type
from several people (seller items wasn't as promised)
etc etc..

Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:58 pm
Veteran

I've been looking for some kind of joey browner #47 jersey...has anyone seen one of these available or know where I can get one? I don't want to actually spend $250+ for a personalized authentic jersey if I can help it.

Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:58 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

I've been looking for some kind of joey browner #47 jersey...has anyone seen one of these available or know where I can get one? I don't want to actually spend $250+ for a personalized authentic jersey if I can help it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=280136113288&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=018

This guy says he can order any jersey and have it made... you could talk to him. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy the Cunningham jersey (I get paid tomorrow, lol).

Josh

PS- PLease no one buy that jersey, or I'll hunt you down... :P

Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:48 pm
Profile YIM WWW

This is the kind of stuff you can find on ebay (Click me)

Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:39 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

HardcoreVikesFan wrote:

This is the kind of stuff you can find on ebay (Click me)

OMG this rules!!! Sweet video!

Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:04 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

lol i have seen that video a lot. Thanks anyway Cliff.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:29 am
Veteran

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018

This guy says he can order any jersey and have it made... you could talk to him. Tomorrow I'm gonna buy the Cunningham jersey (I get paid tomorrow, lol).

This guy can't or won't get me a Browner #47 jersey...anyone else have any ideas?

Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:06 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

Quote:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?Vi ... :IT&ih=018

This guy can't or won't get me a Browner #47 jersey...anyone else have any ideas?

Did you talk (or email) to him? I had trouble getting ahold of him the last couple days.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:19 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Veteran

Yeah, I emailed him...he said he couldn't get me the Browner jersey.

Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:12 pm
Hall of Famer

don't think I will be using Ebay for along time. Anyone know how much a Authentic Kevin Williams Jersey is going for on Ebay? I really don't care but it would be kinda interesting.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:24 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

I'd like to chime in on this one.

Authentic Reebok. These are the expensive jerseys sold by AUTHORIZED dealers for $200+. A lot of jerseys listed for sale on ebay will claim to be Reebok "Authentic" game jerseys (or a similar wording) but I would guess that less than 0.0001% actually are. You simply cannot buy a new $250 jersey for $50. It's just not possible. I have no doubt that the markup on the genuine Reebok Authentics is ridiculously high, but there are no ebay power-sellers who are getting these jerseys at cost. None. It amazes me how many people will buy a $35 jersey on ebay that is advertised as an Authentic, and then convince themselves that they are getting the real thing (a quick look at some of the comments in the buyer feedback section verifies this).

I think the vast majority of NFL jerseys sold on ebay are knock-offs. Some are probably made by the same manufacturers who have been licensed by Reebok which complicates the problem. I use the phrase "knock-off" but counterfeit or fake would also be accurate. Most of these jerseys have been made in China and then find their way to ebay power-sellers here in the USA. Of course if you go to ebay right now you'll find many that ship directly from China with a starting bid of $5 + $25 shipping (and if that isn't a clue ... you qualify as gullible).

The quality of these knock-offs can vary widely and as hard as you try to inspect the pictures they provide on ebay and read the buyer feedback, there is really little you can do to assure yourself of what you are getting ahead of time. But here is the rub. Some of these knock-off jerseys being sold on ebay as "authentics" are of surprisingly good quality. Some will even be comparable to the real Reebok authentics. And some will be much better quality than the screen print replicas you find in any of the national sporting goods chains selling for $75 (which by definition makes them a good bargain). It's hit or miss.

A caveat to anyone buying a jersey on ebay who relies on buyer feedback. People want to believe they are getting the deal of the century when they buy a $250 jersey for $40. It's against human nature to admit to being a sucker. And those really high return shipping costs are a built in incentive not to return something unless it has an obvious problem. Take those buyer feedback comments with a grain of salt, as well as those stats for power-sellers. They are helpful to identify sellers who are really sleazy (i.e. take the money and don't ship the product, or ship items of obviously poor quality) but beyond that I'm not sure they mean much.

I've bought a couple of Viking jerseys on ebay. One was satisfactory; the other was not. But I knew going into the transaction that both were knock-offs despite the advertising to the contrary.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:53 am
Starting Wide Receiver

Quote:

I'd like to chime in on this one.

Authentic Reebok. These are the expensive jerseys sold by AUTHORIZED dealers for $200+. A lot of jerseys listed for sale on ebay will claim to be Reebok "Authentic" game jerseys (or a similar wording) but I would guess that less than 0.0001% actually are. You simply cannot buy a new $250 jersey for $50. It's just not possible. I have no doubt that the markup on the genuine Reebok Authentics is ridiculously high, but there are no ebay power-sellers who are getting these jerseys at cost. None. It amazes me how many people will buy a $35 jersey on ebay that is advertised as an Authentic, and then convince themselves that they are getting the real thing (a quick look at some of the comments in the buyer feedback section verifies this).

I think the vast majority of NFL jerseys sold on ebay are knock-offs. Some are probably made by the same manufacturers who have been licensed by Reebok which complicates the problem. I use the phrase "knock-off" but counterfeit or fake would also be accurate. Most of these jerseys have been made in China and then find their way to ebay power-sellers here in the USA. Of course if you go to ebay right now you'll find many that ship directly from China with a starting bid of $5 + $25 shipping (and if that isn't a clue ... you qualify as gullible).

The quality of these knock-offs can vary widely and as hard as you try to inspect the pictures they provide on ebay and read the buyer feedback, there is really little you can do to assure yourself of what you are getting ahead of time. But here is the rub. Some of these knock-off jerseys being sold on ebay as "authentics" are of surprisingly good quality. Some will even be comparable to the real Reebok authentics. And some will be much better quality than the screen print replicas you find in any of the national sporting goods chains selling for $75 (which by definition makes them a good bargain). It's hit or miss.

A caveat to anyone buying a jersey on ebay who relies on buyer feedback. People want to believe they are getting the deal of the century when they buy a $250 jersey for $40. It's against human nature to admit to being a sucker. And those really high return shipping costs are a built in incentive not to return something unless it has an obvious problem. Take those buyer feedback comments with a grain of salt, as well as those stats for power-sellers. They are helpful to identify sellers who are really sleazy (i.e. take the money and don't ship the product, or ship items of obviously poor quality) but beyond that I'm not sure they mean much.

I've bought a couple of Viking jerseys on ebay. One was satisfactory; the other was not. But I knew going into the transaction that both were knock-offs despite the advertising to the contrary.

Well said. I checked feedback and emailed a few of the people who bought them before, and they were all happy. I got a throwback Randall Cunningham Eagles jersey for $65. Everything sewn on. I don't care if it is not Reebok or whatever, I just want it to look good and last for awhile. Its a nice way to get a decent jersey for cheap, if you get the right seller.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:17 am
Profile YIM WWW
Hall of Famer

I am treating that jersey with so much respect. I am almost married to the thing.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:15 am
Site Admin

I can't imagine spending $300 dollars on a shirt. It's a rip off, period.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:29 am
Hall of Fame Inductee

Well said. I checked feedback and emailed a few of the people who bought them before, and they were all happy. I got a throwback Randall Cunningham Eagles jersey for $65. Everything sewn on. I don't care if it is not Reebok or whatever, I just want it to look good and last for awhile. Its a nice way to get a decent jersey for cheap, if you get the right seller.

Emailing prior purchasers of the same item directly is a pretty good step to take. I've never done that.

The real test on the quality of a jersey purchased on ebay won't be know for a year or two (until it's been worn and put through the wash several times). I've heard of jerseys purchased on ebay that literally fall apart after a year or so of washing and drying. Best bet is to line dry them even though that can be an inconvenient pain.

As for not caring if its authentic Reebok or not ... I'm with you on that. People are paying huge markups on those Reebok Authentics just for the security of knowing that they have a jersey that is as close to a game jersey as you can get. If I paid $250 for a jersey I wouldn't be able to wear it anywhere without worrying about accidentally slopping some mustard on it or what have you. Whereas a knock-off that looks good and cost a third or less can be treated like a piece of clothing instead of an high-priced investment.

Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:07 pm
Starship Commander

I can't imagine spending $300 dollars on a shirt. It's a rip off, period.

I agree. I would never pay $300 for a jersey. I paid $275 for mine. :)

Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:31 pm
Profile WWW
Fenrir

Just got my $30 Adrian Peterson jersey in the mail off Ebay. Looks great and definitely worth the price.

Let me just say right off for those interested that it is not authentic. The word specifications is misspelled for one but the overall quality while not perfect is very good. From two feet away it looks exactly like an authentic jersey.

For something that costs ~$250 less than the real one in the stores, it's a great deal. Just thought I'd pass along my observations.

Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:18 pm
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]