Reality TV

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Reality TV

Post by Vikefantam »

I'm not one to watch reality TV. Most of the shows turn me off. However, there are a few shows that I guess qualify for reality TV that really have me hooked. I love Hell's Kitchen and Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares. Also, that guy on Bizarre Foods (Andrew Zimmern) really cracks me up. Anyone else watch these shows?

My husband said they should combine RKN or HK & BF - when the chefs screw up, the guy from BF makes them eat something disgusting.

We also debated on who would do better on Fear Factor (is that still even around?) - Bear Grills (sp?) or the Bizarre Foods guy. We say that Bear would kill Ramsay and then eat him. :wink:

Also, anyone else love Dirty Jobs? I really like Mike Rowe.
Tammy
BGM
Hall of Famer

Post by BGM »

Hi Tammy! Great to see you back here!

I really like Dirty Jobs. My sister has a real crush on Mike Rowe as does my five-year old niece.

When it comes to reality TV, the only show that matters to me is Deadliest Catch.

BGM
"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer." - Frank Zappa
MrDonut
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by MrDonut »

i watch rock of love with bret michaels because my ex-boss's daughter is on the show.. she was also a PB playmate and is supposedly "dating" bruce willis.. it doesn't get any better than that! :shock:

she used to come into the office when she was about 17 or so (i was just out of college at the time).. i didn't really know her but most people said that she was a pretty dim bulb.
jackal
Strong Safety

mmm

Post by jackal »

I enjoy watching the some of the Top Chef is one
of them. I really enjoy cooking and its intresting to
see what they can do in a short amount of time.

For the most part I don't watch reality TV though
I fear its affect will only lower the American standard
of education and respect.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Post by Vikefantam »

BGM wrote:Hi Tammy! Great to see you back here!

I really like Dirty Jobs. My sister has a real crush on Mike Rowe as does my five-year old niece.

When it comes to reality TV, the only show that matters to me is Deadliest Catch.

BGM
Hey, Brian!

I've seen Deadliest Catch. It's pretty good. I got majorly hooked on that one where they were climbing Mt. Everest. Wow! What was it called? Pushing The Limit or something like that?

Of course, I think Mike Rowe is quite handsome myself and he's a pretty good comedian. I like his little inuendos too. :wink:
Tammy
Vikefantam
All Pro Elite Player

Re: mmm

Post by Vikefantam »

jackal wrote:I enjoy watching the some of the Top Chef is one
of them. I really enjoy cooking and its intresting to
see what they can do in a short amount of time.

For the most part I don't watch reality TV though
I fear its affect will only lower the American standard
of education and respect.
Yeah, no kidding. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of RTV (am I the only American who has never seen an episode of Survivor?) but those few shows have me hooked.
Tammy
DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re: mmm

Post by DeeEss57 »

Vikefantam wrote:...am I the only American who has never seen an episode of Survivor?...

Nope. I can't stand reality tv. And now there's a whole dang network of nothing but!

Dawn
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

About the only one I ever watched was Junkyard Wars on Discovery... but that has been gone for a while now.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

John wrote:About the only one I ever watched was Junkyard Wars on Discovery... but that has been gone for a while now.
That was a good show, totally forgot about it.

I watch a lot of the shows mentioned, dirty jobs, hell's kitchen (Love it when he says "Come here you donkey!"), bizarre foods, and deadliest catch.

Man vs Wild is another one I like.
HardcoreVikesFan
Hall of Famer

Post by HardcoreVikesFan »

Can't stand it all i watch is sportscenter and NFL network.
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.
MWNANCe
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by MWNANCe »

John wrote:About the only one I ever watched was Junkyard Wars on Discovery... but that has been gone for a while now.
Wow I forgot about Junk Yard Wars.. that was a great Show

Not sure why..probably nothing else on but I have been watching Hells Kitchen. I am waiting for Rock to flip out and beat the Chef...

Deadliest Catch and Dirty Jobs are also a couple of my favorites
I believe..
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Re: Reality TV

Post by Kansas Viking »

Vikefantam wrote:Also, that guy on Bizarre Foods (Andrew Zimmern) really cracks me up. Anyone else watch these shows?
Andrew Zimmern. That dude will eat anything. We watch him all the time, but I swear, some of the stuff he eats makes me sick.

As far as other shows go, Brenda and I are hooked on American Idol.
Mike

odinspeak
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by odinspeak »

I love reality television especially the one that has the most drama and is telivised live....the NFL!!!!!!!!
TrenchGoon
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by TrenchGoon »

I enjoy The First 48 on A&E. Seeing a little justice get dished out is right up my alley.