Transformers

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

wang_chi7 wrote:I liked Episode III quite a bit. I liked II the first time I saw it but don't like it now. Episode I is just terrible.

I would rank the SW movies as:
1. Empire
2. New Hope
(distant) 3. Revenge of Sith
4. tie- Jedi and Ep. II
5. Episode I

As you can see I didn't care much for Jedi either; if I'm going to watch a Star Wars movie its definitely going to be Empire or the original. I might watch the others every few years.
That's about it, but the original Star Wars was the best of them - until Lucas decided the mess it up with his Special Edition.

Attack of the Clones was good when it was covering the Clone Wars.

Did I mention I am a member of the Jar Jar Binks Must Die fan club. :jedi:
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
wang_chi7
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by wang_chi7 »

Minniman wrote: That's about it, but the original Star Wars was the best of them - until Lucas decided the @%#%*$ it up with his Special Edition.

Attack of the Clones was good when it was covering the Clone Wars.

Did I mention I am a member of the Jar Jar Binks Must Die fan club. :jedi:
LOL about Jar Jar, how do I sign up?

I think Empire is a top 5 movie of all time. Its nearly a perfect movie. A New Hope is great also, but not in its class.

I was excited to hear the original theatrical versions of the trilogy were coming on DVD finally, then I found out they aren't anamorphic (therefore not enhanced for widescreen TV's) which makes them a waste for me. I still don't own them on DVD and no longer have the VHS tapes either.

Lucas really wants people to watch the SE versions, they are watchable but just not the same. I don't despise them like many people, but then again I'm not a fanatic.
Demi
Commissioner

Post by Demi »

I actually didnt mind the new movies so much...I think people went in expecting the magic lucas pulled off with the original trilogy, and it wasnt even near that. But it did a solid job of explaining what led up to it, and was entertaining. I enjoyed Ep. III if only because it's one of the few movies, especially in the genre, where the bad guys actually win.