Alliance of American Football

Run into some old friends from another group or board? Want to do a little schmoozing, talk over old times? Or just some off topic stuff, then this is the place.

Moderator: Moderators

Grashopa
Franchise Player

Alliance of American Football

Post by Grashopa »

I have seen over the past couple days that the new football league, Alliance of American Football, will be starting up next year the week after the Super Bowl. I was just wondering if anyone else here is considering following or checking out this other league?

Currently there are eight teams and the inaugural season will be 10 games. Looking at the schedule it seems that the eight teams are divided into an eastern and western division.

East
Atlanta Legends
Birmingham Iron
Orlando Apollos
Memphis Express

West
Arizona Hotshots
Salt Lake Stallions
San Antonio Commanders
San Diego Fleet

Currently i am leaning towards the Memphis Express simply because my submarine was the USS Memphis. And Memphis appears to be the closest to MN. I have chosen Atlanta as the team i hate since Brad Childress is the coach.

In the West, it sounds like the team in the league with the most former Vikings (Including Matt Asiata) is the Salt Lake Stallions. So i will probably pull for them as well.

Memphis and Salt Lake City are also the two northern most teams.

Here is a link to the league website in case anyone is interested in checking it out.

https://aaf.com/
Formerly AADPFan