View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 pm



Reply to topic  [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
 Introductions - if you're new, say hello here 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Inductee
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 4026
Location: Northeast, Iowa
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Nunin wrote:
Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!


:elephant:

That's beautiful! Your honesty is great! :govikes:

_________________
Image


Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Starter

Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:37 pm
Posts: 175
Location: Sweden
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Nunin wrote:
Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!

Welcome to one of the best Vikings messageboards on the internet! :rock:
I think you'll like it here, even with Jordy around :rofl: :wink:

Just a small FYI, but the raven was actually called Muninn(and it was always together with the raven Huginn).


Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:17 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:40 am
Posts: 567
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Ohjay wrote:
Nunin wrote:
Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!

Welcome to one of the best Vikings messageboards on the internet! :rock:
I think you'll like it here, even with Jordy around :rofl: :wink:

Just a small FYI, but the raven was actually called Muninn(and it was always together with the raven Huginn).

Aww chit...I remembered Huginn too, he was 'thought' but my memory failed me on Muninn. I suppose that's ironic lol
Thanks for setting me straight yo ;)


Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:34 pm
Profile
Packers Suck

Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 pm
Posts: 2993
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Nunin wrote:
Hey all,
I'm a lifelong Vikes fan and have been reading here and a couple other places for years now. I recently registered so I could put Jordy on ignore, then decided i may as well spend some time spouting my opinion as well. All fun and games to me though.
'Nunin' was the name of a Norse raven and means memory.
SKOL!


Bwahahahahahahahaha

_________________
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011


Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:16 am
Profile
Waterboy
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:27 am
Posts: 9
Location: Paris, France
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Good morning guys,
Yes here where i live it's the morning (8.51am) i'm from Paris, France so as you can see, we are all around the world and it's great !

Before considering myself as a Vikings fan, i watched a lot of games and it was kind of hard for me to find "my team" at first i enjoyed the Panthers because of Cam...then the Seahawks because of their hot defense.
Later, i stopped watching football for a moment, and i was a big show tv addict and one of my favorite is Vikings...this is the main reason i became a Vikings fan maybe the reason can be weird haha but here i am !
Plus i always been a fan of AD so it's seem logical to me.
So i am a new fan, i started watching the team at the beginning of the last season (what a disapointment to pass from 5-0 to 8-8, my first one haha ;))

I can't wait to exchange with all of you guys, i planned to watch the Vikings game in London against the Browns next year so maybe we'll meet there. :govikes:


Wed Mar 15, 2017 2:51 am
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 8069
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
FrenchVikes wrote:
Good morning guys,
Yes here where i live it's the morning (8.51am) i'm from Paris, France so as you can see, we are all around the world and it's great !

Before considering myself as a Vikings fan, i watched a lot of games and it was kind of hard for me to find "my team" at first i enjoyed the Panthers because of Cam...then the Seahawks because of their hot defense.
Later, i stopped watching football for a moment, and i was a big show tv addict and one of my favorite is Vikings...this is the main reason i became a Vikings fan maybe the reason can be weird haha but here i am !
Plus i always been a fan of AD so it's seem logical to me.
So i am a new fan, i started watching the team at the beginning of the last season (what a disapointment to pass from 5-0 to 8-8, my first one haha ;))

I can't wait to exchange with all of you guys, i planned to watch the Vikings game in London against the Browns next year so maybe we'll meet there. :govikes:


:welcome

I actually became a Vikings fan because when I was young when I played football video games it's the team I picked. As I got older and enjoyed sports more they stuck. So I understand becoming a fan in a ... nontraditional way :D

It was a pretty disappointing season. At least the beginning was fun, I suppose.

Anyway, welcome to the board, I hope you enjoy it here.

_________________
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson


Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:22 am
Profile
Waterboy
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:27 am
Posts: 9
Location: Paris, France
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Cliff wrote:
FrenchVikes wrote:
Good morning guys,
Yes here where i live it's the morning (8.51am) i'm from Paris, France so as you can see, we are all around the world and it's great !

Before considering myself as a Vikings fan, i watched a lot of games and it was kind of hard for me to find "my team" at first i enjoyed the Panthers because of Cam...then the Seahawks because of their hot defense.
Later, i stopped watching football for a moment, and i was a big show tv addict and one of my favorite is Vikings...this is the main reason i became a Vikings fan maybe the reason can be weird haha but here i am !
Plus i always been a fan of AD so it's seem logical to me.
So i am a new fan, i started watching the team at the beginning of the last season (what a disapointment to pass from 5-0 to 8-8, my first one haha ;))

I can't wait to exchange with all of you guys, i planned to watch the Vikings game in London against the Browns next year so maybe we'll meet there. :govikes:


:welcome

I actually became a Vikings fan because when I was young when I played football video games it's the team I picked. As I got older and enjoyed sports more they stuck. So I understand becoming a fan in a ... nontraditional way :D

It was a pretty disappointing season. At least the beginning was fun, I suppose.

Anyway, welcome to the board, I hope you enjoy it here.


Hey man, thanks for your welcome !

In my opinion, the video games (Madden i suppose?) is a nice way to get in to football and learn to appreciate the game and some players, so to find your team in this way...it's cool ! :)


Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:14 pm
Profile
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 26, 2004 5:51 pm
Posts: 8069
Location: Kentucky
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
FrenchVikes wrote:
Hey man, thanks for your welcome !

In my opinion, the video games (Madden i suppose?) is a nice way to get in to football and learn to appreciate the game and some players, so to find your team in this way...it's cool ! :)


It was a good way to learn the game for sure.

It was actually Techmo Super Bowl.

Image

_________________
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson


Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:22 am
Profile
Waterboy

Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:48 pm
Posts: 1
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Hey all am Happy to join the forum been watching NFL for about 2 years now. I live in London and wanna go to the Vikings game and was wondering what side fans are sitting as I wanna show up in colours as this is my first time coming to a game.


Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:43 pm
Profile
Starting Wide Receiver
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:48 pm
Posts: 17788
Location: Crystal, MN
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Dontanj wrote:
Hey all am Happy to join the forum been watching NFL for about 2 years now. I live in London and wanna go to the Vikings game and was wondering what side fans are sitting as I wanna show up in colours as this is my first time coming to a game.
Welcome!

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

_________________
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2016‬


Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
Hi! I just joined a few minutes ago from this post's timestamp.

I am a fan of the sorry-ass Bungles. It has gone down the crapper. The only person I could ever respect on that team since Marv took over is Mike Zimmer. And that is why I am here . I wanted him to be my team's coach, but the dumbrasses let him go and kept the wrong guys. And I hate Gruden to a fault - but that is a conversation for another time that concerns Zimmer as well.

I hope the Vikings win it all. If not this year, they will eventually. Mike is a fiery no-nonsense coach and doesn't do the same stupid crap week in and week out. When he was DC in Cinci, his players bled for him and now I see the same here with the Vikings. He was given the reigns to a good team but had a few setbacks early during his tenure. He fixed these setbacks masterfully and now his philosophy and hard work are coming into realization.

I am so jelly that he is your coach, but I wish him and this team the best of luck!

_________________
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.


Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:55 pm
Profile
Commissioner
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 31, 2007 2:30 pm
Posts: 23676
Location: Des Moines, Iowa
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
bauce wrote:
Hi! I just joined a few minutes ago from this post's timestamp.

I am a fan of the sorry-ass Bungles. It has gone down the crapper. The only person I could ever respect on that team since Marv took over is Mike Zimmer. And that is why I am here . I wanted him to be my team's coach, but the dumbrasses let him go and kept the wrong guys. And I hate Gruden to a fault - but that is a conversation for another time that concerns Zimmer as well.

I hope the Vikings win it all. If not this year, they will eventually. Mike is a fiery no-nonsense coach and doesn't do the same stupid crap week in and week out. When he was DC in Cinci, his players bled for him and now I see the same here with the Vikings. He was given the reigns to a good team but had a few setbacks early during his tenure. He fixed these setbacks masterfully and now his philosophy and hard work are coming into realization.

I am so jelly that he is your coach, but I wish him and this team the best of luck!


Welcome. We like Zimmer here. You're free to join the ranks of the Purple. Shed your sad stripes and grab a pair of horns. Plenty of ale around the table.

Dilly, dilly! Or as we say around these parts...SKOL!

:smilevike:

_________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly


Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:58 pm
Profile
Practice Squad
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:30 pm
Posts: 18
Post Re: Introductions - if you're new, say hello here
dead_poet wrote:
bauce wrote:
Hi! I just joined a few minutes ago from this post's timestamp.

I am a fan of the sorry-ass Bungles. It has gone down the crapper. The only person I could ever respect on that team since Marv took over is Mike Zimmer. And that is why I am here . I wanted him to be my team's coach, but the dumbrasses let him go and kept the wrong guys. And I hate Gruden to a fault - but that is a conversation for another time that concerns Zimmer as well.

I hope the Vikings win it all. If not this year, they will eventually. Mike is a fiery no-nonsense coach and doesn't do the same stupid crap week in and week out. When he was DC in Cinci, his players bled for him and now I see the same here with the Vikings. He was given the reigns to a good team but had a few setbacks early during his tenure. He fixed these setbacks masterfully and now his philosophy and hard work are coming into realization.

I am so jelly that he is your coach, but I wish him and this team the best of luck!


Welcome. We like Zimmer here. You're free to join the ranks of the Purple. Shed your sad stripes and grab a pair of horns. Plenty of ale around the table.

Dilly, dilly! Or as we say around these parts...SKOL!

:smilevike:


Dilly dilly! Thanks for the welcome! And I LOVE your quote - yes, football is a much more serious matter!

_________________
There are only two seasons that exists: football season and waiting for football season.


Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:23 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 373 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.