Brain Dead Search capability?

Announcements, suggestions, comments, or problems with Vikingsmessageboard.com

Moderator: Moderators

cstelter
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Brain Dead Search capability?

Post by cstelter »

I've been pretty frustrated the past couple weeks trying to search for posts. I could have sworn I read a post today that said something like "Oh Yeah, Ponder's great ....". I couldn't find it in any of the recent threads so i tried searching for Ponder Great and it refused to even do the search. I asked it to limit the results to the last day, and it still refused to do the search. What? Why can't it just show me all the posts with both the words Ponder and Great in it???? Is that too much to ask?

I also saw someone post something about the lions going to be good this year. I seem to recall at least one or two such posts *every* year and it has rarely come to fruition. But good luck searching for such a post. I tried searching for 'Lions Year' and it came back with

Search term used lions year ignored: year

I got tons of results with *only* lions in it. I only wanted to see posts that said both lions and year. Even when I had those results up I tried typing year in 'search these results' and again it was ignored. Unbelievable.

I guess maybe we just have to use google... I typed lions year site:vikingsmessageboard.com into google and it looks like it showed me results I was trying to find on here...
Craig S
The Breeze
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Brain Dead Search capability?

Post by The Breeze »

cstelter wrote:I've been pretty frustrated the past couple weeks trying to search for posts. I could have sworn I read a post today that said something like "Oh Yeah, Ponder's great ....". I couldn't find it in any of the recent threads so i tried searching for Ponder Great and it refused to even do the search. I asked it to limit the results to the last day, and it still refused to do the search. What? Why can't it just show me all the posts with both the words Ponder and Great in it???? Is that too much to ask?

I also saw someone post something about the lions going to be good this year. I seem to recall at least one or two such posts *every* year and it has rarely come to fruition. But good luck searching for such a post. I tried searching for 'Lions Year' and it came back with

Search term used lions year ignored: year

I got tons of results with *only* lions in it. I only wanted to see posts that said both lions and year. Even when I had those results up I tried typing year in 'search these results' and again it was ignored. Unbelievable.

I guess maybe we just have to use google... I typed lions year site:vikingsmessageboard.com into google and it looks like it showed me results I was trying to find on here...
Looks like the VMB search engine has the same disregard for those two subjects as several of the posters here~