Viking-Rams Game Photos

Announcements, suggestions, comments, or problems with Vikingsmessageboard.com

Moderator: Moderators

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Viking-Rams Game Photos

Post by Kansas Viking »

Went to the first pre season game last week. Didn't get a lot of game pics but got a few good shots of the players coming into the stadium before the game and during warmups.

I went off and forgot my small camera bag, so I was stuck with taking just one lens. Ended up with the short lens so didn't get a lot of close shots. Photos can be found at this link. Vikings-Rams Game Photos

As usual, I will move this topic to the Announcement section in a few days.
Last edited by Kansas Viking on Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike

Canadian Viking
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Canadian Viking »

Fantastic! The new camera was a great investment! Keep them coming!
John
Bartender/Retired

Post by John »

Those are very clear shots inside the dome... I don't think everyone knows how wierd the lighting is in there.

The cheerleaders are now posing for you? :wink:
Minniman
Hall of Famer

Post by Minniman »

Grrrr ... *&%#@ ... uniforms ... @$%#&* ... Reebok.

:?
We come from the land of the ice and snow .... :smilevike:
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Canadian Viking wrote:Fantastic! The new camera was a great investment! Keep them coming!
Thanks. That's just the 14-42 kit lens. I was very upset with myself. I kept thinking I had forgot something all the way to Minnesota. The night before the game during supper I remembered I forgot my small camera bag. I brought the large camera backpack, but no way would they let me into the Dome with that. Had to settle on one lens to attach and take in with me so I went with the small one. Still have a lot of learning to do with the camera, but it's coming along.
Mike

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

John wrote:Those are very clear shots inside the dome... I don't think everyone knows how wierd the lighting is in there.
No kidding. That is absolutely the worst lighting. Made even worse by the fact that they wouldn't turn on most of the lights until game time. And then they still don't turn them all on. There was a guy beside me taking pictures and bemoaning the same thing. He couldn't get a decent shot to save himself. The majority of light during warmups was from bleed through on the Dome. But it was also pre season and they don't go all out for things untill the regular season starts.
John wrote:The cheerleaders are now posing for you? :wink:
Always! :)
Mike

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

Minniman wrote:Grrrr ... *&%#@ ... uniforms ... @$%#&* ... Reebok.

:?
Thing is, I'm starting to get used to the things. I have an 8x10 of Randy Moss in the road uni I took at Reliant Stadium and an 11x14 of Chris Hovan in the home uni at the Dome hanging on my wall here. I have to look up at those pics every once in a while to remember just what a good looking uniform those old ones were.
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Great pics Mike. The only thing is I didn't see our favorite person in any of them.
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

vikingman wrote:Great pics Mike. The only thing is I didn't see our favorite person in any of them.
Don't think I even saw here this time. I'm sure she was there, but with pre season and all, things are a little relaxed.
Mike

vikingman
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by vikingman »

Kansas Viking wrote: Don't think I even saw here this time. I'm sure she was there, but with pre season and all, things are a little relaxed.
I can appreciate that. I would love to be there opening day however, with Shannon she was suppose to have her baby around the end of August so I would have had to take vacation from work to run the store and I gave up my tickets to Dusty. Wouldn't you know it Shannon was early and Dusty already had her airline tickets and hotel room. You will have to look her up at the game and make sure she is behaving herself. I forgot to ask where you moved to and I know we will not be that far away from you.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Sweet pics. You must have gotten in really early, huh?

Your seats are generally up high, right? Next game you go to can you take a pic of the staduim when its full and people are cheering (assuming there are things to cheer about thisseason of course :lol: )? I want to use a good pic for my desktoop background but can't find a cool one like that. I had an OK one before, but it was a small pic and not to clear when I enlarged it. Something similar to this :http://www.eseats.com/images/vikingsfield.jpg

Thanks, Mike!

Josh
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

[quote="vikingman] You will have to look her up at the game and make sure she is behaving herself. I forgot to ask where you moved to and I know we will not be that far away from you.[/quote]

She should be right behind me.
Mike

Kansas Viking
Starship Commander

Post by Kansas Viking »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Sweet pics. You must have gotten in really early, huh?

Your seats are generally up high, right? Next game you go to can you take a pic of the staduim when its full and people are cheering (assuming there are things to cheer about thisseason of course :lol: )? I want to use a good pic for my desktoop background but can't find a cool one like that. I had an OK one before, but it was a small pic and not to clear when I enlarged it. Something similar to this :http://www.eseats.com/images/vikingsfield.jpg

Thanks, Mike!

Josh
Not a problem Josh. I will try and get you a shot.
Mike

vikingsfrenzy
Backup

Post by vikingsfrenzy »

Nice pics!
mcdaking84
Veteran

Post by mcdaking84 »

great pics. thanks

Dont know why but Jeff Dugan made me a laugh.