Flying in solo from CA for Divisonal game

Check here for Game Tickets and Tailgate happenings! Plus Travel Information for your stay during the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Cjhillis
Waterboy

Flying in solo from CA for Divisonal game

Post by Cjhillis »

I am flying into Minnesota from California to watch the game on sunday. I went in 2010 when I was a kid and tailgated outside the metrodome. I want to be able to experience that again however im going alone. If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it!
Texas Vike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Flying in solo from CA for Divisonal game

Post by Texas Vike »

Cjhillis wrote:I am flying into Minnesota from California to watch the game on sunday. I went in 2010 when I was a kid and tailgated outside the metrodome. I want to be able to experience that again however im going alone. If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it!

I am flying in from TX myself, and I've never been to a meaningful Vikings' game, despite being a fan for over 40 years! (caught a preseason game at the Metrodome in the 80s).

I don't have any tips on tailgating, but my instincts are telling me to look for a bar close to the bank instead. It's looking like it'll be COLD (it's been 20 years since I lived in MN; I've gone soft! :lol: )

I'm actually nervous about getting home on Monday morning. The HIGH temperature for Monday is forecasted to be negative 1.

Anyone have any insight on how well MSP functions in these temps? I just had a flight cancelled in Philly for weather and the temps were around 15. I am guessing MSP is better equipped to deal with the cold, but not sure.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Cjhillis wrote:I am flying into Minnesota from California to watch the game on sunday. I went in 2010 when I was a kid and tailgated outside the metrodome. I want to be able to experience that again however im going alone. If anyone has any advice for me I would greatly appreciate it!
There's a lot of stuff right outside the stadium. Big grassy area with a stage for music, indoor area right next with beers, usually booths set up. Parking is scattered so that area might be your best bet.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

I have flown in from California five or six
times.

You might want to book real early and
try staying right by the mall of America
there is some big hotels and you can take
the light rail from the airport to
your hotel and back and forth to the game.

Everyone seems to love the U.S. Bank
stadium tour.

There is few topics about tailgating
that talk about local restaurants like
Sally's by the university..check those out.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!