2016 Tailgating

Check here for Game Tickets and Tailgate happenings! Plus Travel Information for your stay during the game.

Moderator: Moderators

BradyC87
Waterboy

2016 Tailgating

Post by BradyC87 »

Does anyone happen to know of any lots around the new stadium that will be having tailgating besides the official Vikings lots? Unfortunately they are only offering passes for the official lots to season ticket holders. We have a rather large group that has been tailgating for a few years now and are scrambling to find a new location.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Re: 2016 Tailgating

Post by Norv Zimmer »

Good luck ! They only offered tailgating passes to season ticket holders. I believe they are hard plastic you hang from your rear view mirror, so even if you get one I think you have to go through the hassle of returning it after the game. I really wanted one to.the green Bay game but gave up and settled for a pass in the fleet farm parking ramp next to the stadium. I figure we can just park and walk around the tailgating lots.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

We never even got the email for it.
I wish we could have gotten one to pass on so we have someone to tailgate with when we actually make it up to a game.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Norv Zimmer wrote:I figure we can just park and walk around the tailgating lots.
This is more or less what I'm planning on doing. I just don't know where the good lots are.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

Ditto.
We will be using public transit for the most part anyway.
Norv Zimmer
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by Norv Zimmer »

I got a pass to park in the Mills Fleet Farm parking ramp, It is connected to the stadium supposedly. I figure the good tailgating lots will be very close to the stadium. I am going to pack a backpack with beer and walk around having a good time! If anyone wants to meet up just let me know!
BradyC87
Waterboy

Post by BradyC87 »

All of the official Vikings tailgate lots are just north of the stadium. This link is the map provided by the Vikings. http://www.vikings.com/stadium/tailgating.html

Aside from the official lots I am unsure where else tailgating is allowed in the area.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

BradyC87 wrote:All of the official Vikings tailgate lots are just north of the stadium. This link is the map provided by the Vikings. http://www.vikings.com/stadium/tailgating.html

Aside from the official lots I am unsure where else tailgating is allowed in the area.
Thanks. I'll probably just walk in that area and see where most of the action is. The only bad thing about the new stadium is I can't walk to Surly's afterwards anymore.
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

I have an offer for a pass in the touchdown lot.
Got it through my season ticket notification emails today.
If I was going to more than 2 games, I'd get it.
BradyC87
Waterboy

Post by BradyC87 »

dinolord05 wrote:I have an offer for a pass in the touchdown lot.
Yea they only offered them to season ticket holders which is disappointing since a good amount of them probably won't even tailgate. They will just use the pass to park close to the stadium.
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

dinolord05 wrote:I have an offer for a pass in the touchdown lot.
Can't use it 1 game and sell it afterwards?
dinolord05
Backup

Post by dinolord05 »

S197 wrote: Can't use it 1 game and sell it afterwards?
It's a hang tag pass. Would be a PITA to keep up with who has what games.
BradyC87
Waterboy

Post by BradyC87 »

Yea that is why most people are just selling them for the whole season instead of trying to deal with the nightmare it would be to try and meet up with random people before and after the games.