Need Help Planning a Potential Trip

Check here for Game Tickets and Tailgate happenings! Plus Travel Information for your stay during the game.

Moderator: Moderators

S197
Fenrir

Need Help Planning a Potential Trip

Post by S197 »

So this year is a pretty unique situation in that the University of Hawaii will be playing Wisconsin, Minnesota plays the Chargers the next day, and the Chiefs (my brothers team) plays Green Bay in Lambeau Monday night. As this will probably never happen again, we were thinking of flying in and driving to all 3 games.

According to Google maps, all 3 stadiums are roughly 4 hours apart by car. Does this sound about right?

Where would be a good place to stay for a night near TCF? Anyone know of place in Lambeau?

I'm not sure we can do all 3 games since the Wisconsin game might be at night but I think we could at least do the Vikings game (noon) then drive to GB for the 7:30 monday night game.
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Re: Need Help Planning a Potential Trip

Post by 808vikingsfan »

That would be an amazing trip. If you have the opportunity, I would just do it and worry about the details later. You only live once.
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

808vikingsfan wrote:That would be an amazing trip. If you have the opportunity, I would just do it and worry about the details later. You only live once.
We're going. Can't make the UH game, it's too hard to make the drive late that night and get to a noon game the next day. But we're doing the Vikings game and the Monday night game in Lambeau.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Will the UH game be at night for sure?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Will the UH game be at night for sure?

Schedule says TBD but we don't want to wait since flights are at a good price right now. They're going to get blown out anyway :lol:
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

That sounds like an amazing trip S197. Bring some kleenex for the long ride after what will surely be two blowout losses. :D

Well one I guess, being that you arent attending the UH drudging.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

Jordysghost wrote:That sounds like an amazing trip S197. Bring some kleenex for the long ride after what will surely be two blowout losses. :D

Well one I guess, being that you arent attending the UH drudging.
Still trying to decide what to wear @ Lambeau. My family says I should wear something w/ Chiefs on it but wearing a Vikings jersey in Lambeau is pretty tempting even if they're not playing.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

S197 wrote: Still trying to decide what to wear @ Lambeau. My family says I should wear something w/ Chiefs on it but wearing a Vikings jersey in Lambeau is pretty tempting even if they're not playing.
Your family primarily Chiefs fans?

I would prolly say to rep your colors, I know I personally feel dirty wearing jerseys that arent my own team.
"Follow my lead today, whos goona be the big dog with me?" - Aaron Rodgers, February 6th, 2011
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

I would just wear regular clothes. In my opinion, people who wear gear to a game when their team isn't playing look ridiculous. I might be in the minority here, though.
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

DK Sweets wrote:I would just wear regular clothes. In my opinion, people who wear gear to a game when their team isn't playing look ridiculous. I might be in the minority here, though.
I used to kind of agree, but if you buy into the NFL as one singular brand it is easier.
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Jordysghost wrote: I used to kind of agree, but if you buy into the NFL as one singular brand it is easier.
I went to a Twins game in 2009 wearing a Favre Vikings Jersey and had all kinds of drunk idiots yelling at me.

The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
Jordysghost
Packers Suck

Post by Jordysghost »

PurpleMustReign wrote: I went to a Twins game in 2009 wearing a Favre Vikings Jersey and had all kinds of drunk idiots yelling at me.

Really? That strikes me as odd. I dont live in Wisconsin anymore but if I went to a Brewers game wearing a Packers game I doubt anyone would blink twice.