Tips for visiting Vikings fans

Check here for Game Tickets and Tailgate happenings! Plus Travel Information for your stay during the game.

Moderator: Moderators

DeeEss57
All Pro Elite Player

Re:

Post by DeeEss57 »

Falconfan wrote:We're coming up in Sept. for the Falcons game. As we'll be in out motorhome we don't need a place to stay, but everyone I ask about what to see or do Friday & Saturday says "Mall of America". While I'm sure it's a great mall, hey - it's still a mall. I want to taste & experience the unique things that give an area it's identity. An ideas?

Thanks-
Jeff

If you're into theatre, the NEW Guthrie is just down Chicago Ave from the Dome. (Where the old tailgate lots used to be.) You can tour the place for free or pay $5 to rent an iPod for a self-guided audio tour. (Recommended!) And make sure you do the exterior part of the tour, as well. Or take the guided backstage tour (also recommended).

Also, what about the Minnesota Zoo? Heard it's a great place to go to, although I've not been there since the year after it opened. :(

Then, there's Valley Fair, historic Fort Snelling, the Walker Art Center (the one with the giant spoon and cherry you always see on the national sports broadcasts.), and the Minnesota Science Museum in St Paul.

Dawn
VikingMachine
Hall of Famer

Re: Tips for visiting Vikings fans

Post by VikingMachine »

Sorry Dawn but your a year late on that advice for him.