Free ticket to the last game at the Dome!

Check here for Game Tickets and Tailgate happenings! Plus Travel Information for your stay during the game.

Moderator: Moderators

Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Free ticket to the last game at the Dome!

Post by Funkytown »

So, I know this is sort of last minute, but I have a free ticket to the game next weekend.

Section 221 Row 13

Not the greatest seats ever, but I bought these tickets a long time ago understanding that holidays/weather might result in issues of me even going. But, if you look for tickets NOW, you aren't going to find many better...and nosebleeds are selling for $125 and up! It's sort of ridiculous.

Long story short: My cousin who was supposed to go with me has two holiday parties next weekend, and he sort of found out last minute that he can't go. My cousin, her boyfriend, and I are still going, but they are sitting across the Dome. As it stands now, I'm sitting alone! That isn't an issue for me; I've done it before, but the thing is: I DON'T WANT THIS TICKET TO GO TO WASTE!

This game is a part of history. That's the main reason I'm going and planned it months ago. I've tried my hardest to find another friend or family member to go, but it's impossible because of the holidays and such.

So! The ticket is free for anyone who wants it. I could probably try to sell it; after all, I could make a serious profit on it, but it's not about that. I honestly don't want it to go to freakin' waste. That's foolish! I want someone to go who will actually enjoy the experience and apprecriate it for what it is: history.

If someone wants it, reply here or just PM me. Understand that, I might get more than one reply about it, so if you don't get picked, maybe you shouldn't say so many foolish things. LOL. Kidding.

Also, for those who don't feel comfortable with a "free ticket" (I know I wouldn't), you can just buy me a water and consider it even. I seem to start losing my voice in the middle of the 1st quarter because I'm not use to screaming! :)

If I can't give it away, I'm just going to turn around in my section and invite someone down from the nosebleeds, because I'm cool like that. 8)
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Re: Free ticket to the last game at the Dome!

Post by Just Me »

Have you tried StubHub.com? You may get someone to bite (especially if you list it cheap - the website let's you see what the other tickets are currently listing for) even this close to the game and still get some cash to offset the cost of the tickets. I'd take you up on it, but I'll be in the third row from the field! :rock: Whoever you get, I expect you to start the 2-person-wave ala the movie: Major League. :lol:

Have fun at the game, and Go Vikes! :smilevike:
I've told people a million times not to exaggerate!
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Row three, huh? Jealous. I've been that close a few times, but usually I'm around row 15 or so in the lower level.

And no, I'm not going to bother selling it online, but I'm super familiar with Stub Hub. :)
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

MelanieMFunk wrote:Row three, huh? Jealous. I've been that close a few times, but usually I'm around row 15 or so in the lower level.

And no, I'm not going to bother selling it online, but I'm super familiar with Stub Hub. :)
These are the best I've ever had. I was in row 12 in the lower bowl once, but that was back when Moon was our QB. Looking forward to 1 week from today! :smilevike:
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Yeah. I've been row 2, 3, and 4. Maybe I should work on row 1, eh? lol. Most of my seats have been in the middle of the lower level, though. That's my territory! This will be my 24th game at the Dome, and only the 6th time being in the upper level. I figure, if I'm driving 4 hours up there, then I'm getting a good seat dang it! Sometimes (like this game) weather/cost plays a role in my seats, but not usually. I've only sat in the upper level for the Steelers, Bears, Colts, Cowboys (playoff game), Packers (this year, yuck), and now this game vs. the Lions. Just looking at those teams, I know that cost for sure played a role, but weather did, too, a few times. Either way, I'm excited for next Sunday, too. We got this! :twisted:
Eli
Hall of Famer

Post by Eli »

Oh, man. You should really go with a VMB member and share the last game at the dome together with someone you know (kinda). :)
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Eli wrote:Oh, man. You should really go with a VMB member and share the last game at the dome together with someone you know (kinda). :)
I think I got it figured out.

You know it's a bad season when you can't even GIVE Vikings tickets away. :flamed: Whew! That was a struggle! ;)
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

MelanieMFunk wrote:Yeah. I've been row 2, 3, and 4. Maybe I should work on row 1, eh? lol. Most of my seats have been in the middle of the lower level, though. That's my territory! This will be my 24th game at the Dome, and only the 6th time being in the upper level. I figure, if I'm driving 4 hours up there, then I'm getting a good seat dang it! Sometimes (like this game) weather/cost plays a role in my seats, but not usually. I've only sat in the upper level for the Steelers, Bears, Colts, Cowboys (playoff game), Packers (this year, yuck), and now this game vs. the Lions. Just looking at those teams, I know that cost for sure played a role, but weather did, too, a few times. Either way, I'm excited for next Sunday, too. We got this! :twisted:
I've got a pretty good 'track record' when I attend. They've only lost twice (out of about 15 games) when I've been there. We definitely got this!!! :)
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

I read that you drive 300 miles. Where from?

I come 200 miles. Thankfully, there isn't any snow or anything coming. The cold is, though. Saturday is in the 30s, and Sunday the high will be 2. Over 30 degrees difference! Brrr! I think I'll be used to it, though. That way I can walk and look at all the crazy fans before the game. :) When I got off work this morning, it was -14...actual temp. Monday's high up there is -2. Good ol 'sota! Can't wait! Wouldn't have it any other way!
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

MelanieMFunk wrote:I read that you drive 300 miles. Where from?

I come 200 miles. Thankfully, there isn't any snow or anything coming. The cold is, though. Saturday is in the 30s, and Sunday the high will be 2. Over 30 degrees difference! Brrr! I think I'll be used to it, though. That way I can walk and look at all the crazy fans before the game. :) When I got off work this morning, it was -14...actual temp. Monday's high up there is -2. Good ol 'sota! Can't wait! Wouldn't have it any other way!
I'm about 35 miles south of the Quad-Cities in Illinois. Heading up there tomorrow (staying out by the Mall and will take the Metro down to the stadium on Sunday). I remember in '95 when I had season tickets I went up for a Browns game (we won that one!) it was like -40 below zero and the wind chill was around -75. I have to be honest: As much as I liked the 'old Vikings' playing outdoors, I was glad I was at an indoor game that day. :lol: Good ol 'sota is right.
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Just Me wrote:
I'm about 35 miles south of the Quad-Cities in Illinois. Heading up there tomorrow (staying out by the Mall and will take the Metro down to the stadium on Sunday). I remember in '95 when I had season tickets I went up for a Browns game (we won that one!) it was like -40 below zero and the wind chill was around -75. I have to be honest: As much as I liked the 'old Vikings' playing outdoors, I was glad I was at an indoor game that day. :lol: Good ol 'sota is right.
My poor Mom sent me a picture of the map showing the wind chill temps for tomorrow. It's going to be anywhere from -40 to -70 in Minnesota (AGAIN for you lol). She's kind of freaking out--as if I'm going to freeze to death or something! :lol: Poor Mom. :D I'm heading out in a few--and I live north of Dubuque. It's a 4 hour drive for me; highway 52 the entire way. Easy peasy! :D

Let's go Vikes! :smilevike:
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

MelanieMFunk wrote: My poor Mom sent me a picture of the map showing the wind chill temps for tomorrow. It's going to be anywhere from -40 to -70 in Minnesota (AGAIN for you lol). She's kind of freaking out--as if I'm going to freeze to death or something! :lol: Poor Mom. :D I'm heading out in a few--and I live north of Dubuque. It's a 4 hour drive for me; highway 52 the entire way. Easy peasy! :D

Let's go Vikes! :smilevike:

Already here at 'the Old Met' (Mall of America). Taking the train downtown tomorrow. Dress warm! Let's win the last one at the dome, Vikes! :v):
Funkytown
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by Funkytown »

Did you freeze your FACE off?!?! :D
Just Me
Hall of Famer

Post by Just Me »

MelanieMFunk wrote:Did you freeze your FACE off?!?! :D
Amongst other things.... :rofl: