Jared Allen has Olympic dreams in curling

We find news articles about the Vikings and post them here. If an article generates enough interest it gets moved to the Vikings Talk forum for more discussion.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Jared Allen has Olympic dreams in curling

Post by Cliff » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:29 pm

A man who once chased a quarterback out of the end zone is now chasing something else entirely.

Former NFL defensive lineman Jared Allen has taken up curling, and he wants to take his new hobby all the way to the 2022 Olympics.

“My friend told me I couldn’t become an Olympian,” Allen said told Dane Mizutani of the St. Paul Pioneer Press. “It was kind of just talk, and then I started looking at some of the sports I thought I’d be capable of doing. I was actually looking at badminton at first, and then it kind of transpired into curling. That’s kind of how everything got started.”

Allen will compete on Friday night in a curling event with fellow former NFL player Marc Bulger, professional curler Hunter Clawson, and former Olympian John Benton.
Read more
0 x

dead_poet
Commissioner

Re: Jared Allen has Olympic dreams in curling

Post by dead_poet » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:49 pm

There's not a competitive wild boar stabbing contest?

What an off-brand sport for him. It's so odd I want to watch him sweep or whatever. These slow, gentle, calculating moves compared to destroying QBs with a bloody nose.

I wonder if he taps another rock or whatever if he does his calf roping celebration.
1 x
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly