Jets reportedly open to trading Teddy Bridgewater, but only at the right price

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

Cliff
Site Admin

Jets reportedly open to trading Teddy Bridgewater, but only at the right price

Post by Cliff »

Teddy Bridgewater might not be on the Jets' roster when the regular season begins

Read more
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Jets reportedly open to trading Teddy Bridgewater, but only at the right price

Post by fiestavike »

Cliff wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:57 pm Teddy Bridgewater might not be on the Jets' roster when the regular season begins

[url=
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/jets ... ght-price/
]Read more[/url]
I'd love to see Teddy traded to Miami or Tampa Bay, where he would provide an immediate upgrade in leadership and QB play. I'll be watching tonight and pulling for Teddy to look great, and hopefully earn another chance to start either in NY or elsewhere.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Jets reportedly open to trading Teddy Bridgewater, but only at the right price

Post by fiestavike »

Teddy looked great. I hope he plays so well he makes the Vikings regret letting him go. Jets should trade Darnold and keep Teddy, but they are stupid.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

With the struggles with the back up QB in LA. My guess he gets traded to go there. Almost everywhere else has their 1 and 2 maybe except Bears, and the Giants where he might go there.
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

It's worth noting, however, that Darnold received little help from a shaky offensive line that added precious few reinforcements in the offseason.

Through two preseason games, the former USC star has completed 21 of 29 passes (72.4 percent) for 158 yards (5.45 YPA), one touchdown, one interception and an 82.3 passer rating. More problematic, he's led just two scoring drives in 10 possessions.
Where Bridgewater has the advantage thus far is in decision-making, uncanny ball placement and a willingness to pull the trigger on deeper throws. Through two games, he has completed 17 of 23 passes (73.9 percent) for 212 yards (9.2 YPA), two touchdowns, one interception and a 113.0 passer rating.

Perhaps most promising from the perspective of teams weighing the cost-benefit analysis of surrendering draft capital in trade talks, Bridgewater has moved well in and out of the pocket and bounced right back after taking a hit to his lower legs. NFL Network analyst Charley Casserly believes the Jets' version of Bridgewater might end up being an improvement on the player who earned the Pepsi Rookie of the Year award with the Vikings in 2014.
Teddy Bridgewater's rise adds intrigue to Jets' QB fray
Cliff
Site Admin

Ranking all 32 teams based on whether they should do a Teddy Bridgewater trade

Post by Cliff »

The Jets aren't playing any games: they want to trade Teddy Bridgewater. They love what Bridgewater is doing in New York and having three quality quarterbacks -- Bridgewater, Sam Darnold and Josh McCown -- is a great problem to have. But Darnold is the long-term future in New York and Teddy's on a prove-it, one-year deal.

Think you're a football expert? It's time to prove it. Compete against friends, family and co-workers or put your football knowledge to the test against the NFL Today cast. Play 2018 Football Pick 'Em now!

Starting Bridgewater in Week 1 is an option, but ultimately he will walk away after the 2018 season, with the Jets receiving, at best, a third-round compensatory pick. Everything has to click in free agency for the pick to be that high, and it would not come until the 2020 NFL Draft anyway. It makes infinitely more sense to secure a second- or third-round pick now, if the Jets can land that.

Problem is, everyone has invested in a quarterback recently; good luck finding a quarterback-desperate team in the NFL these days. There's too many useful quarterbacks! Still, someone will be willing to part with decent capital for Bridgewater, so in the spirit of what we did for Nick Foles two offseasons ago, let's rank every single NFL team on whether they should trade for Bridgewater, from least likely to most likely.

The best news for Bridgewater? Foles would eventually win Super Bowl MVP after appearing on a list like this. To the listicle machine!
Read more
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Traded to New Orleans. Probably won't see the field this year, but hopefully he gets a chance soon. Good move for the Saints.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

Wow. Netted a 3rd rounder.
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:28 pm Wow. Netted a 3rd rounder.
I think letting him go was a bad move. I'd love to see him as the backup here though as soon as Cousins had a bad game Teddy chants would start.
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

Cliff wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:34 pm I think letting him go was a bad move. I'd love to see him as the backup here though as soon as Cousins had a bad game Teddy chants would start.
Jets are so stupid. :lol:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
FullWood
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by FullWood »

Jets were smart to pick him up for cheap I woudnt call them stupid for the fact is they not going anywhere anyways.

I think it was a smart move by the Saints as he can replace Brees if he decides to this year and he will after breaking Favre and Manning records.

Happy for Teddy he played well this preseason and I think he will play well in the future.
Demarates
Backup

Post by Demarates »

dead_poet wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:28 pm Wow. Netted a 3rd rounder.
Isn't that sort of little for a potential starting QB, even given his knee history ? He's still a young guy.
Tene Quod Bene
dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

:rock:
Demarates wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:16 am Isn't that sort of little for a potential starting QB, even given his knee history ? He's still a young guy.
Or it's a lot for a guy that almost had his leg amputated and hasn't seen meaningful time in the regular season for a couple of years. When was the last time you heard a team giving up a third rounder for a backup QB?
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

dead_poet wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:43 amWhen was the last time you heard a team giving up a third rounder for a backup QB?
Vikings gave up a first for Ponder.