Finally Goodell does something right

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Finally Goodell does something right

Post by CbusVikesFan »

Finally the nfl realizes that there is nothing more aggravating than going to commercials after a long set of commercials. I get it, advertising makes the world go around but we all know how exasperating it is to sit through this unnecessary crap. I would like them to extend this further by not going to a break after a turnover. I feel it is counterproductive to the team that benefits from the momentum change to have to sit on their hands and the whole team has a extra charge of adrenaline while the team that turned the ball over has a chance to regroup. Especially late in games.
Now if they could cut down or eliminate altogether the amount of images/videos on the website it would be a much more pleasurable experience. Nothing more aggravating than going to the website, waiting on EVERY stinking page to load when by the time it does you could have read almost every article on nfl.com

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... -after-xps
Don't hate on my Buckeyes. Some of the best Vikings went to Ohio State.
Including now, HOF WR #80 Cris Carter
PurpleMustReign
Starting Wide Receiver

Re: Finally Goodell does something right

Post by PurpleMustReign »

Thank God. It was really bad during the night games.
As far as the celebration part, I hate the excessive dancing, gyrating, and other crap especially after a routine play. That's what he should look to get rid of.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
The Devil whispered in the Viking's ear, "There's a storm coming." The Viking replied, "I am the storm." ‪#‎SKOL2018
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Post by fiestavike »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Thank God. It was really bad during the night games.
As far as the celebration part, I hate the excessive dancing, gyrating, and other crap especially after a routine play. That's what he should look to get rid of.

I'm with you, but most folks seem to think its charming. Just like everything else in America, it makes sense to have parallel versions. One for people who like character and restraint, and one for people who like a maximum drama and entertainment. Frankly, I'm not even sure there are enough of us to support an arena league level operation anymore. I think America is done though. :confused:
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
S197
Fenrir

Post by S197 »

It's particularly bad now that they moved up the kickoff. Majority of the time it's come back, guy kneels on the ball, cut to commercial.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

PurpleMustReign wrote:Thank God. It was really bad during the night games.

I hear ya. I don't mind some of the celebration, but I think it has to be considered that young ones are watching too. Some parents are watching as well. But one of my favorite all time celebrations was the Moss fake moon.
CbusVikesFan
All Pro Elite Player

Post by CbusVikesFan »

S197 wrote:It's particularly bad now that they moved up the kickoff. Majority of the time it's come back, guy kneels on the ball, cut to commercial.
Supposedly that kind of crap will be outta there. Finally.