View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:48 pm

Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread 
Commissioner

Post 2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread
Post any general topic here if you don't feel it's large enough of an issue to start a new post.

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:01 pm
Commissioner

Post Re: 2016 NFL Season General NFL Thread
49ers signed Ponder

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:12 pm
Commissioner

Bruce Arians - C - Cardinals

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians was taken to the hospital ahead of Tuesday's practice after he complained of stomach pain.

A prostate cancer survivor, Arians, 63, has been a model of good health since becoming the Cardinals' head man over three years ago. It doesn't sound like anything too serious for Arians, but he's being evaluated in San Diego with the Cardinals in town for joint practices with the Chargers. We'll provide updates as they come, but hopefully this is just a day-to-day thing.
Source: Mark Dalton on Twitter

Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:13 pm
Strong Safety

The bills have had a rough week topped off the their DT getting suspended for four games..

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17319777/marcell-dareus-buffalo-bills-facing-4-game-drug-suspension

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:18 am
Commissioner

jackal wrote:
The bills have had a rough week topped off the their DT getting suspended for four games..

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/17319777/marcell-dareus-buffalo-bills-facing-4-game-drug-suspension

They've had a brutal offseason. Feeling a little like the 2015 Ravens.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:22 am
All Pro Elite Player

Yeah and Rex is on the hot seat this year too. All them injuries to key players won't help.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:32 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

I hope Arians is okay.

I have to say, after watching 'All or Nothing' I would not want to play for the guy. I'm sure he's a great tactician but I'm not a fan. Hopefully its nothing serious though.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:30 am
Commissioner

Quote:
Coach Arians update: he was released from hospital this am, has rejoined team at hotel in San Diego where he is currently resting

Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:56 pm
Strong Safety

The Bears will be our main rival very soon.. They added a pro bowl Guard and extended the other pro bowl guard
this week. They fixed a lot of their defense this off season. I think they might have pulled the plug to early on
their offensive weapons...

Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:32 am
Defensive Tackle

jackal wrote:
The Bears will be our main rival very soon.. They added a pro bowl Guard and extended the other pro bowl guard
this week. They fixed a lot of their defense this off season. I think they might have pulled the plug to early on
their offensive weapons...

I do expect that team to rise fairly quickly. That's been Fox's track record elsewhere.

Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:53 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:
I do expect that team to rise fairly quickly. That's been Fox's track record elsewhere.

the only thing I might question is getting rid of the two best offensive players WR and RB
before the Round one draft pick has proven himself. White was out all last season and the other
star wide out does not want to play there anymore because of pay issues and the Franchise Tag.

From the outside looking in they seem to handle things wrong...(much like the GM in San Diego
did who fought tooth and nail with Marty Ball.) Kansas City had that issue with the GM that
traded Jarad Allen to us...The General Manager making negative comments about Jarad Allen's
character and intelligence after his DUI issues.

Don't get wrong I would do a few things differently than Spielman. The way he handled the Percy Harvin
was beautiful. Not telling everyone about the disruptive behavior. Getting a third and First round pick
from the Seachickens... Sticking with Patterson and Kalil (imo just being proud and not wanting to
admit they were mistakes or bad picks) I mean Kail has been garbage since his second year and we are locked
into 11 million a year or more for a guy that can move 7 yards shuffling his feet at an angle....

Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:30 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
The Bears will be our main rival very soon..

Maybe if you intend on duking it out with them for 2nd and 3rd place in the division every year.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:37 am
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
jackal wrote:

Maybe if you intend on duking it out with them for 2nd and 3rd place in the division every year.

Nothing lasts forever, my friend! The Packers run of dominance in the division won't either.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:20 pm
Hall of Fame Candidate

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
jackal wrote:

Nothing lasts forever, my friend! The Packers run of dominance in the division won't either.

Wait a minute... I was just reading you in the guise of "devil's advocate" singing a different tune! :lol:

Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:29 pm
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
jackal wrote:

It will last as long as the Packers keep being far and away the best manager of the QB position in the division.

Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:34 pm
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
It will last as long as the Packers keep being far and away the best manager of the QB position in the division.

... and that won't last forever (thank goodness).

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:06 am
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Nothing last forever, but I feel pretty confident it will last quite a long while.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:59 am
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Nothing last forever, but I feel pretty confident it will last quite a long while.

Careful with that bravado. Your QB might drop back to pass and have his knee collapse.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:37 am
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:
Mothman wrote:

Careful with that bravado. Your QB might drop back to pass and have his knee collapse.

Im not being bravocious, I realize injuries are a part of the game that is wildly unpredictable, but im more talking aside from injuries, all things equal, I trust the Packers ability to find and aqcuire QB talent far more then any other team, and I don't see a reason why not.

I think our backup, (and imo, possible heir apparent to Rodgers) could start and play very well, of course I pray to the Lord we never have to see it.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:08 am
Strong Safety

Quote:
Im not being bravocious, I realize injuries are a part of the game that is wildly unpredictable, but im more talking aside from injuries, all things equal, I trust the Packers ability to find and aqcuire QB talent far more then any other team, and I don't see a reason why not.

I think our backup, (and imo, possible heir apparent to Rodgers) could start and play very well, of course I pray to the Lord we never have to see it.

http://www.nfl.com/player/bretthundley/2552588/profile

Your "back up" was a little above average at UCLA I believe and in the one NFL game he played was unable to score a TD
against the Raiders. I see nothing in his college or pro career to suggest he will be above average, at best. Honestly if
the former Bruin played a full season I doubt the Packers would win more than 6 games.

Blah Blah Blah, the Packers had a two decade stint, in the NFL basement, what is worse; this was when they had two horrible teams, in the Division,
Tampa Bay creamsicles team and Detroit, which has been the worst team in NFL history. If Arron Rodgers went down the Packers would be a terrible
team. If Chicago builds a monster defense like Fox did in Denver and Zimmer keeps his Defense growing, the Packers playoff chances, will be a distant
memory. Even with the refs throwing them a few games. Seeing Green Bay fans enjoy Teddy going down, is like watching them beg, for a Karma tidal wave.

Aaron Rodgers grew up like 28 minutes from me, and still supports the little junior college (Butte).
I wouldn't mind him so much, if he wasn't wearing the pee stained Packers uniform. I would never
wish him an injury, a lot of losses, with the Packers, oh yes. The 2009 MNF game where Jarad Allen
and Farve dominated Rodgers and all the Green Bay fans paid big money to watch Brett sweep them;
that season, was awesome.

I got to watch this little boy, make a fool of himself, He is lucky Syd Davey, is a nice guy (the kid
was in his face early on.)The second half he stood stunned as The Viking defense sacked and dominated the Green
Bay offense. Victor Viking had a drunk Green Bay fan bother him, and he took his cheesehead, and rip it
to shreds, before security kicked him out. Toe be honest Green Bay fans from the games I went to seemed
like white trash, who got drunk when they lost.

The Browns fans beat us badly in the home opener, but were classy about it, riding the train away
from the stadium. They were nervous being on a full train full of Vikings fans. Minnesota fans and Browns
fans talked about the season and both teams rosters until the train stopped. The browns fans even commented
on how surprised they were on the Vikings fans behavior after the brutal loss. Cowboys fans from what I have
seen are low end of the gene pool.

Last edited by jackal on Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:21 am
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:

Bravocious? ;)

I get it. You love your team. They've had a long run of success and consequently, you're justifiably confident. I'm just saying, sooner or later, it's going to end. You're talking about the other NFCN teams duking it out for 2nd and 3rd place but Green Bay lost the division last year. They might bounce back and win it again this year (that's what I expect to happen) but it's not exactly guaranteed.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:30 am
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Quote:

Blah Blah Blah, the Packers had a two decade stint, in the NFL basement, what is worse; this was when they had two horrible teams in the Division,
Tampa Bay creamsicles team and Detroit, which has been the worst team in NFL history. If Arron Rodgers went down the Packers would be a terrible
team. If Chicago builds a monster defense like Fox did in Denver and Zimmer keeps his Defense growing the Packers playoff chances, will be a distant
memory. Even with the refs throwing them a few games.

Who cares? Every team has had time in the ####, the Packers have dominated the division since the 90s,.

Why would I be afraid of the Bears and Vikes Ds when I think the Packers are building their own 'monster defense'? Except we also have Aaron Rodgers, It just doesn't make sense.

So, every time I point out how an accidentally blown whistle costed the Packers the game winning score on thanksgiving night, or an illegal pick play that gave ARI the 20-13 lead in the playoffs, or point out how and why the facemask call was correct in Detroit, you have absolutely no reply, can I assume you give up trying to justify these things?

Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:52 am
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

Bravocious? ;)

I get it. You love your team. They've had a long run of success and consequently, you're justifiably confident. I'm just saying, sooner or later, it's going to end. You're talking about the other NFCN teams duking it out for 2nd and 3rd place but Green Bay lost the division last year. They might bounce back and win it again this year (that's what I expect to happen) but it's not exactly guaranteed.

Well yea, if the Bears become your main rival, you will be playing for 2nds and 3rds, because the Packers don't miss the playoffs, especially while we still have Rodgers.

The Packers had their most uncharacteristic, and worst year in forever last year and we still were only 7 points away from winning the division, I don't think that opportunity will be around often however, and it certainly didn't give me the impression that any of the division teams that beat us at home have managed to figure out how to beat GB with any consistancy.

I guess what im saying is, it took an anomaly of epic porportions for the Packers to give up the division last year, and you barely were able to take advantage, imo it just isn't the foundation of a team that is going to win the division with any consistancy.

BTW, you can say 'It is going to end sooner or later' but I don't indulge in gamblers fallacy, I think moving forward we have every reason to expect just as much if not more then anyone in the division, except we have the brass that has been able to get it done.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:05 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:
So, every time I point out how an accidentally blown whistle costed the Packers the game winning score on thanksgiving night, or an illegal pick play that gave ARI the 20-13 lead in the playoffs, or point out how and why the facemask call was correct in Detroit, you have absolutely no reply, can I assume you give up trying to justify these things?

You are delusional, Teddy had two of the best games against Denver and Arizona last season. Arizona killed you guys
and Rodgers had what 77 yards against Denver last year. Your defense is not even average IMO and if your offense
was poor it would show up, just like it did last season against good teams. Watch the Video of the face mask call he
didn't touch it.

You ignoring the truth about the stats does not equal me giving up defending them. Your team loses one player
,and your offense fell apart. Your team is going backwards with Rodgers holding off the tide. I don't think either
of our teams will push to the top of the NFC this year. I honestly think if Teddy didn't get hurt we had decent odds
of us sweeping you this season. Your team does nothing in FA and just let your best OL walk out the door with nothing
in return (not smart). Eddie lacy still is fat so we will see how he holds up. If Aaron Rodgers gets crushed this season
and goes out for any length of time, which I think is a decent possibility Green Bay will suffer greatly. The only
reason Teddy stayed in last season was his ability to run for his life. Rodgers does not have that ability.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:19 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Quote:

http://www.nfl.com/player/bretthundley/2552588/profile

Your "back up" was a little above average at UCLA I believe and in the one NFL game he played was unable to score a TD
against the Raiders. I see nothing in his college or pro career to suggest he will be above average, at best. Honestly if
the former Bruin played a full season I doubt the Packers would win more than 6 games.

Even with the refs throwing them a few games. Seeing Green Bay fans enjoy Teddy going down, is like watching them beg, for a Karma tidal wave.

Aaron Rodgers grew up like 28 minutes from me, and still supports the little junior college (Butte).
I wouldn't mind him so much, if he wasn't wearing the pee stained Packers uniform. I would never
wish him an injury, a lot of losses, with the Packers, oh yes. The 2009 MNF game where Jarad Allen
and Farve dominated Rodgers and all the Green Bay fans paid big money to watch Brett sweep them;
that season, was awesome.

I got to watch this little boy, make a fool of himself, He is lucky Syd Davey, is a nice guy (the kid
was in his face early on.)The second half he stood stunned as The Viking defense sacked and dominated the Green
Bay offense. Victor Viking had a drunk Green Bay fan bother him, and he took his cheesehead, and rip it
to shreds, before security kicked him out. Toe be honest Green Bay fans from the games I went to seemed
like white trash, who got drunk when they lost.

The Browns fans beat us badly in the home opener, but were classy about it, riding the train away
from the stadium. They were nervous being on a full train full of Vikings fans. Minnesota fans and Browns
fans talked about the season and both teams rosters until the train stopped. The browns fans even commented
on how surprised they were on the Vikings fans behavior after the brutal loss. Cowboys fans from what I have
seen are low end of the gene pool.

Actually, Hundley was widely projected to the late first or 2nd round coming out of the draft, he was widely considered the 3rd best QB prospect outside of Mariota and Winston. He had the best 2015 preseason of all QBs, where he absolutely lit up the scoreboard for 7 TDs and comfortably over 100 rating, he had 1 pick that was a perfect pass that went right off the WRs hands. Could Teddy do that? Even in preseason?

Do you need a little help reading the stat chart? :lol: Hundley never took any regular season plays, you saw his 5-7 Completion to attempt ratio from his only preseason game this year. (A TD drive btw..) But yea man, totally nothing to imply hell be good. /sarcasm (Pst, He'd probably be an upgrade over Bridgewater.)

Why would I cheer at Bridge getting injured? You immediately replaced him with someone better. Idk what the #### your on or who you associate with, but I didn't see ANY Packers fans cheer when Teddy went down.

Right you are so fair an unbiased that ill take you characterizing Packers fans seriously, or not.

Jackal, do you even think about the things you try to talk #### about before you say them? You give me #### about 09 as if you completely forgot that the Packers beat Favre twice and then went on to win the SB the year after.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:20 pm
Packers Suck

jackal wrote:
Quote:

You are delusional, Teddy had two of the best games against Denver and Arizona last season. Arizona killed you guys
and Rodgers had what 77 yards against Denver last year. Your defense is not even average IMO and if your offense
was poor it would show up, just like it did last season against good teams. Watch the Video of the face mask call he
didn't touch it.

You ignoring the truth about the stats does not equal me giving up defending them. Your team loses one player
,and your offense fell apart. Your team is going backwards with Rodgers holding off the tide. I don't think either
of our teams will push to the top of the NFC this year. I honestly think if Teddy didn't get hurt we had decent odds
of us sweeping you this season. Your team does nothing in FA and just let your best OL walk out the door with nothing
in return (not smart). Eddie lacy still is fat so we will see how he holds up. If Aaron Rodgers gets crushed this season
and goes out for any length of time, which I think is a decent possibility Green Bay will suffer greatly. The only
reason Teddy stayed in last season was his ability to run for his life. Rodgers does not have that ability.

Wrong, the Packers D carried the team and our 25th ranked passing game (such great O huh?), was only slightly more then a point average then the Vikes D, and was ranked higher then the Vikes D for a good portion of the year. Please post stats that contradict these facts.

Teddy had good games against ARI and DEN? How good they possibly have been with mediocre stats like his? Also, how did he play against GB? (In either game)

Oh? It didn't touch the facemask? http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... rc-ATL-YKg

Fancy that.

Why would not losing Teddy cost you a sweep when Bradford is comfortably better then Bridgewater? Are you nust in complete denial about him being utterly mediocre in his only two seasons?

Just because Jordy's injury is the only factor that YOU know of, doesn't actually mean its the only reason for our Offensive slump, oh btw, you contradict yourself pretty bad here, I thought it was our O that carried our D? but here your saying we lost Jordy and our O went down completely? What gives?

Lacy lost nearly 30 pounds they say, he looks just as big as when he was killing it his first two years, not like last year with his 4.1 ypc was really bad anyway. Sitton was good as gone next year anyway and we have been grooming his replacement for a while.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA, Did you really just imply Bridgewater is better at eluding pressure then Rodgers? XD oh jackal, thats just too rich, Rodgers has a million times better pocket presence, a million times better out of pocket presence, better downfield recognition, and way faster release, not to mention he is simply one of the slipperiest most elusive QBs in the league, Bridgewater can't even compare in terms of evading pressure/sacks, and its unrealistic and unlikely he ever will be able to. Rodgers has had far worse O lines then Bridgewater's O lines, if Bridge was on the 08 or 09 Packers he would almost surely take a record for sacks taken.

Last edited by Jordysghost on Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:36 pm
Defensive Tackle

Jordysghost wrote:
Well yea, if the Bears become your main rival, you will be playing for 2nds and 3rds, because the Packers don't miss the playoffs, especially while we still have Rodgers.

The Packers had their most uncharacteristic, and worst year in forever last year and we still were only 7 points away from winning the division, I don't think that opportunity will be around often however, and it certainly didn't give me the impression that any of the division teams that beat us at home have managed to figure out how to beat GB with any consistancy.

I guess what im saying is, it took an anomaly of epic porportions for the Packers to give up the division last year, and you barely were able to take advantage, imo it just isn't the foundation of a team that is going to win the division with any consistancy.

BTW, you can say 'It is going to end sooner or later' but I don't indulge in gamblers fallacy, I think moving forward we have every reason to expect just as much if not more then anyone in the division, except we have the brass that has been able to get it done.

We'll see how it all plays out over the next few years but don't be surprised if the Packers only win the division once in that span. It certainly sounds like you could use a big slice of humble pie.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:37 pm
Packers Suck

Mothman wrote:
Jordysghost wrote:

We'll see how it all plays out over the next few years but don't be surprised if the Packers only win the division once in that span. It certainly sounds like you could use a big slice of humble pie.

If the Packers only won the division title 1 in the next three years, I'd be a hundred percent certifiably stunned.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:41 pm
Strong Safety

Quote:
Do you need a little help reading the stat chart? :lol: Hundley never took any regular season plays, you saw his 5-7 Completion to attempt ratio from his only preseason game this year. (A TD drive btw..) But yea man, totally nothing to imply hell be good. /sarcasm (Pst, He'd probably be an upgrade over Bridgewater.)

It was his only NFL stats because your coach switched backups several times in preseason and I believe
he got hurt. 2010 was a year of terrible luck and the end of a #### of a HC in Minnesota. It does
not take away from the greatest memory of any game I saw (2009).

Look up your history in wikapedia and it list two long periods in Packers history as the dark ages
one and two. 1968 to 1991 If you think twenty plus seasons because you had one decade of success.
Seeing your fans degrade themselves for Brett Farve's memories was a true reflection of your character.
If Hundley was so great why are they not starting him, much less making him the backup consistently.

I am not delusional and think Teddy has work to do but if healthy will become a great
Viking QB. Teddy wins real football games. How many actual regular seasons has he won? ZERO
Yeah he is a huge upgrade in your mind, not reality. Just like your awesome defense huh? Look
at the stats last two years. Your team gives up 30 plus points a game in the playoffs every time
they face a good team and GB goes home. FWIW your team lost to Teddy and our defense in your
stadium and we took the division. My God, Colin Capernick ran for 171 rushing yards against your
slow old defense. A bench warmer now set an NFL record against your awesome defense. Maybe
awesome defense means something else in Green bay?

I will make you a bet right now! Green Bay might luck out and win the division if Bradford does
not work out. I quarantee will get knocked out in a play off game, maybe two. If they manage to
beat a good team and go the NFCCG I will leave the VMB forever. If they have another year of
one and done against good teams, you leave this site forever. Come on ... if Green Bay is so great
with awesome defense. take the bet... you run your mouth plenty, back it up

Last edited by jackal on Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:42 pm
Defensive Tackle

Well, this has spun out of control... :(

Let's drop the Packers/division rivals stuff and return the thread to more general NFL news and notes.

Fri Sep 09, 2016 12:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 111 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next