Moss to replace Carter on ESPN

General discussions of other teams from around the league and general NFL events.

Moderator: Moderators

dead_poet
Commissioner

Post by dead_poet »

http://strib.mn/1s8doEZ

I never saw Moss on FOX. How was he?

I wasn't the biggest Carter fan on ESPN TBH
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.” --- Bill Shankly
fiestavike
Hall of Fame Inductee

Re: Moss to replace Carter on ESPN

Post by fiestavike »

dead_poet wrote:http://strib.mn/1s8doEZ

I never saw Moss on FOX. How was he?

I wasn't the biggest Carter fan on ESPN TBH
Carter humiliated himself with regularity. Most notably at the rookie symposium, but only slightly less so doing to bidding of his employers at espn with his mock indignation over Adrian Peterson's child injury case.

Moss was ok on fox. a bit awkward at times, but Carter was too embarrassing to watch.
"You like that!"
-- Cap'n Spazz Cousins
808vikingsfan
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post by 808vikingsfan »

Haven't watch ESPN (besides football games) in years.

Does this mean he'll cover MNF too?
Deleted: Sept 12 2014
Reborn: Sept 17 2014
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

Cris Carter was well on his way to ruining Mike and Mike. Hate to say it, but I'm glad he's leaving.

I didn't see much of Moss on Fox, but the little I did see he was a bit stiff. I'm sure much of that was him being self conscious about the very immature personality that people associate with him, so it should be fun to see if he can grow into the role.
jackal
Strong Safety

Post by jackal »

Cris Carter was well on his way to ruining Mike and Mike. Hate to say it, but I'm glad he's leaving.

I didn't see much of Moss on Fox, but the little I did see he was a bit stiff. I'm sure much of that was him being self conscious about the very immature personality that people associate with him, so it should be fun to see if he can grow into the role.
Carter had some real strong opinions, which I like. He seemed to make them personal too often, as if Chris Carter being right was
more important; than the actual subject.
no one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
Cliff
Site Admin

Post by Cliff »

Man, that's gotta be tough for Carter. Replaced by Randy Moss yet another time :D
DK Sweets
Career Elite Player

Post by DK Sweets »

jackal wrote: Carter had some real strong opinions, which I like. He seemed to make them personal too often, as if Chris Carter being right was
more important; than the actual subject.
I didn't mind his personality, I hated that he would talk over others to the point of it being a hassle to listen to. Especially for a radio show, there has to be some back and forth.
PurpleKoolaid
Hall of Famer

Post by PurpleKoolaid »

Got sick of Carter on ESPN, Moss will make things fun again. wonder how long he sticks it out.
GoldenBear91
Pro Bowl Elite Player

Post by GoldenBear91 »

fiestavike wrote: Carter humiliated himself with regularity. Most notably at the rookie symposium, but only slightly less so doing to bidding of his employers at espn with his mock indignation over Adrian Peterson's child injury case.

Moss was ok on fox. a bit awkward at times, but Carter was too embarrassing to watch.
I totally agree with you on Carter. Ruined my ability to be a fan of Carter, now I think twice before throwing on the 80 jersey for Sundays...