View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 It's time for the NFL to find their humanity 
Commissioner

Post It's time for the NFL to find their humanity
Via Tom Curran. Great piece I thought.

[url]bit.ly/1UrcHCt[/url]

Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:56 am
Hall of Fame Candidate

Post Re: It's time for the NFL to find their humanity
dead_poet wrote:

Meh. We all know and have always known football was violent, concussions are bad for you etc. Nothin has really changed except the money grubbing lawyers are involved now, along with their journalistic allies eager for a sensational story. Football is either worth playing or its not. It will probably be outlawed or made prohibitively expensive due to litigation, first at the HS level, then the college level and eventually at the professional level. Why can't people just decide for themselves? All the hand wringing is pathetic and emasculating to the next generation.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:45 am
Packers Suck

Post Re: It's time for the NFL to find their humanity
fiestavike wrote:
dead_poet wrote:

Meh. We all know and have always known football was violent, concussions are bad for you etc. Nothin has really changed except the money grubbing lawyers are involved now, along with their journalistic allies eager for a sensational story. Football is either worth playing or its not. It will probably be outlawed or made prohibitively expensive due to litigation, first at the HS level, then the college level and eventually at the professional level. Why can't people just decide for themselves? All the hand wringing is pathetic and emasculating to the next generation.

Its reasons like this that has forced the NFL to attempt change the culture of the game.

Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]