View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:58 pm



Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Super Bowl 50 
Author Message
Hall of Fame Inductee

Joined: Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:14 pm
Posts: 4016
Location: So. Utah
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
I never expected the Broncos to beat NE...but when they did and they way they did it, I knew they had a very good chance against the Panthers.
I thought Carolina out played them in just about every aspect. The turnovers killed them. And that's how it goes.
I gotta admit that Peyton Manning won me over as a fan last night. I've never let myself really like him outside of his Nationwide commercials. Probably because it looked like everything was kinded handed to him in some sense.
But the guy makes the most out of all those gifts and is a consumate class act. It's easy to see why so any people like the guy. He'll go straight to Hades for drinking Budwieser...but maybe a concerned friend can get him on the true path of the micro-brew and on to redemption before it's mathematically too late.


Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:23 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2006 6:28 pm
Posts: 6592
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
I predicted a 17 to 14 Denver win. I had an inclination that Carolina was not going to score many points in this game. I never expected it to be a blowout for either side.

I am glad Peyton gets to ride out with a Super Bowl. He is retiring. There is simply no way he doesn't - at least in my view.

_________________
A Randy Moss fan for life. A Kevin Williams fan for life.


Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:02 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3036
Location: Sebastian, FL
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
HardcoreVikesFan wrote:
I predicted a 17 to 14 Denver win. I had an inclination that Carolina was not going to score many points in this game. I never expected it to be a blowout for either side.

I am glad Peyton gets to ride out with a Super Bowl. He is retiring. There is simply no way he doesn't - at least in my view.

Well he should. Most games won by QB, only QB to win the Super Bowl on two teams as the starting QB. Bunch of other records. Plus, I don't think he has the health for another full season. End up like Favre in his last year. Forgettable.

_________________
This space for rent.


Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:01 pm
Profile
Fenrir
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:28 pm
Posts: 10490
Location: Hawaii
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
In the "age of the QB" with all of the favorable passing rules, it was nice to see that defenses can still win championships.


Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:46 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:23 pm
Posts: 3036
Location: Sebastian, FL
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
S197 wrote:
In the "age of the QB" with all of the favorable passing rules, it was nice to see that defenses can still win championships.

It almost always does. It's just that only in games like this does it really show itself.

_________________
This space for rent.


Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:26 pm
Profile
All Pro Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:38 pm
Posts: 1539
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
808vikingsfan wrote:
That's the Vikings blueprint to get to the SB. In fact, it almost felt like I was watching the Vikings (settle for FGs, play conservative at the end, rely on defense). Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings focus on defense in the draft and FA this year.

So glad the Patriots weren't in the SB. Didn't really care who won but it was good to see the Broncos win it. Had a small feeling Miller was going to win the MVP today.


And Mannings stats for that game was similar to Teddy's in a few of our games.
13 - 23 for 141 yards.
Maybe we are closer than we think.


Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:38 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
halfgiz wrote:
808vikingsfan wrote:
That's the Vikings blueprint to get to the SB. In fact, it almost felt like I was watching the Vikings (settle for FGs, play conservative at the end, rely on defense). Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings focus on defense in the draft and FA this year.

So glad the Patriots weren't in the SB. Didn't really care who won but it was good to see the Broncos win it. Had a small feeling Miller was going to win the MVP today.


And Mannings stats for that game was similar to Teddy's in a few of our games.
13 - 23 for 141 yards.
Maybe we are closer than we think.


Manning played complimentary football, which is often winning football.


Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:28 pm
Profile
Hall of Famer
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:52 pm
Posts: 7653
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
Well Cam plays 'his way to win, so maybe he won'.


Fri Feb 12, 2016 1:56 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Candidate
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am
Posts: 3225
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... re-excuses

Quote:
Carolina Panthers head coach Ron Rivera could've approached his media session at this week's NFL Annual Meeting in many ways. He could've deflected any questions that addressed the drama surrounding quarterback Cam Newton at Super Bowl 50. Rivera could've said all that stuff was behind him, that it was time to move on with life.

Instead, the head coach did the one thing that was ill-advised: He showed us all why Newton won't learn a thing from the biggest defeat of his football career.


Quote:
Before we go further with this topic, let's make one thing clear: Rivera is a good-hearted coach with good intentions. He has a right to stick up for his players and he clearly sees the benefit in being on Newton's side in this case.

The problem is that this is just one more example of why Newton is becoming such a lightning rod in the first place. The more he gets enabled -- which is what Rivera basically was doing here -- the more he's going to act like he needs a different set of rules to play in the NFL.


Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:25 pm
Profile
Career Elite Player
User avatar

Joined: Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:46 am
Posts: 2799
Location: Missouri
Post Re: Super Bowl 50
I don't like the article just based on the excerpts you provided...

_________________
Image


Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:26 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.