View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Super Bowl 50 
All Pro Elite Player

Post Super Bowl 50
I've got a feeling Cam is going to be off today and fall back to reality like his first 4 seasons. Go Broncos!

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:12 pm
Career Elite Player

Post Re: Super Bowl 50
Cam is way off. So are the ref's. Really weird unsportsmanlike conduct call-saw nothing on the replay.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:21 pm
Career Elite Player

Not to say Denver is getting screwed... I thought the long completion challenge should have been a catch.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:22 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

I thought it was a catch also...not sure why that was upheld. The next play was the strip sack for 6.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:28 pm
Commissioner

Talib may get tossed. That was a brutal facemask

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:32 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Looked like it may have hit the ground then a bobble after. Since there was no camera angle that proved it didn't hit the ground they had to keep the call. I agreed with it actually but mostly because Mike Carey is almost exclusively incorrect.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:32 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

lol at the Mike Carey comment.
-
That was a brutal face mask by Talib...wow!

Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:37 pm
Career Elite Player

Sloppy game. The team who can avoid mistakes from here on will take it.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:37 pm
Commissioner

Ealy vs. Miller for MVP. Defensive game for sure. Kubiak interesting going so much under center with Manning.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:37 pm
Commissioner

Wow. Three runs with Peyton Manning as your quarterback. That says about everything.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:59 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

Congrats to Manning! What an end to a career. Wade Phillips is some kinda defensive coach~

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:08 pm
All Pro Elite Player

Teddy's performance against this ridiculous D looked pretty good in comparison to Newton today.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:13 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

I don't know how players feel, but as a fan, I'd rather not get to the Superbowl than lose one.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:19 pm
Starting Wide Receiver

All of my friends who are Panther fans are saying the game was fixed. God, that #### gets old.

Congratulations to the Denver Broncos, and to Peyton Manning. And to Gary Kubiak, who got a raw deal in Houston, IMO.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:27 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Starting Wide Receiver

Also, I would lhave liked Jared Allen to get a ring, but his QB could not solve one of the best defenses that have ever been assembled. And to think... Teddy played quite well against them earlier in the season.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:33 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Commissioner

Quote:
The Broncos gained 194 yards. That's the fewest by any winning team in Super Bowl history, breaking the '00 Ravens mark by 50 yards.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:44 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

ugghh....does Manning get paid everytime he mentions budwieser, or does he really drink that stuff?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:45 pm
Commissioner

The Breeze wrote:
ugghh....does Manning get paid everytime he mentions budwieser, or does he really drink that stuff?

I would think so. That was pretty intentional-sounding. He probably made more in those two 5-second sound bytes than I'll make in my life.

Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:51 pm
Commissioner

So I guess not.

Quote:
Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.

Via @LisaWeser

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:19 pm
Commissioner

So anybody else think it feels like after Christmas and everybody has already opened their presents and there's still a ton of wrapping paper on the floor?

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:23 pm
Hall of Fame Inductee

dead_poet wrote:
So I guess not.

Quote:
Hi Internet. For the record, Budweiser did not pay Peyton Manning to mention Budweiser tonight. We were surprised and delighted that he did.

Via @LisaWeser

Are they watching us? lol

Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:30 pm
Career Elite Player

That's the Vikings blueprint to get to the SB. In fact, it almost felt like I was watching the Vikings (settle for FGs, play conservative at the end, rely on defense). Wouldn't be surprised at all if the Vikings focus on defense in the draft and FA this year.

So glad the Patriots weren't in the SB. Didn't really care who won but it was good to see the Broncos win it. Had a small feeling Miller was going to win the MVP today.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:40 am
Site Admin

As I watched this game I thought to myself; The Vikings *could* be in this game. Those teams both have the star power on defense. Peterson in the run game tips the scales though, in my opinion. :ripple:

Ok, that *might* be stretching it. It was encouraging to see both teams in the super bowl playing the same kind of football the Vikings do.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:10 am
Hall of Famer

The team that had the more reliable FG kicker won. Hmmmm....

Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:39 am
Transition Player

Just Me wrote:

the team with the smothering defense won. bad look for newton last night. not going after that fumble was one of the worst "business decision" plays i've ever seen. also i don't see the need to grill the losing players after the game, but walking out didn't look good either. brady, manning and wilson all have been losers in that game, but still sat there and answered the questions.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:17 am
Hall of Famer

slapnut19 wrote:
Just Me wrote:

the team with the smothering defense won.

Agreed. But to be fair: Both teams played pretty good defense last night and with a 14 point win, you really can't say the kickers won/lost the game so my post was tongue-in-cheek (to a degree). The Broncos gained the LEAST yardage ever by a Super Bowl winner so Carolina's defense had to be doing well also. My point was: (and you really kind of supported what I was saying) is that in a game where the team leans on it's defense (which Denver and the Vikings do regularly, and the Panthers had to do last night, but came up short) a good/accurate kicker is vital. Denver's defense was the "MVP" of that game, no question, but the game might have had a different flavor/outcome if they had been missing FGs instead of making them early on. Imagine the kick in the...erm stomach... the Broncos would have felt on the opening drive if instead of 3-0 they walk away still tied at 0-0.

Here are the stats:
Code:
Team                              First Downs               Total Yards          Yards Per Play          Points
Carolina Panthers                    21                          315                     4.2                      10
Denver Broncos                       11                          194                     3.5                      24

Without looking at the score, which team looks better defensively? Both played a good defensive game.

Last edited by Just Me on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:57 am
Strong Safety

Quote:
As I watched this game I thought to myself; The Vikings *could* be in this game. Those teams both have the star power on defense. Peterson in the run game tips the scales though, in my opinion. :ripple:

Ok, that *might* be stretching it. It was encouraging to see both teams in the super bowl playing the same kind of football the Vikings do.

Aww I love the Vikings .. they couldn't win, a single playoff game this season. They are getting better, but IMO we need

a better offense, than we have. I like teddy and support him. Four reasons for us not being there at SB 50. 1. Our OL is our biggest problem, we can't pass

protect consistently and our run blocking is poor also. 2. Our wide outs and TE's drop too many balls. Rudolf dropped two TD's this season at least.. Wallace

had a lot of drops and alligator arm plays. 3. Our play calling does not warrant a challenge for defenses. The K.C. game this season I was screaming at the

screen, throw the ball.... Almost every defender was in the box...4. Winners step up more mentally, emotionally ...they rise to the moment.. we saw flashes but

the Vikings organization needs more Zimmer spirit. I think we are heading the right way but we are not there, yet.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:03 am
Strong Safety

Quote:
All of my friends who are Panther fans are saying the game was fixed. God, that #### gets old.

Congratulations to the Denver Broncos, and to Peyton Manning. And to Gary Kubiak, who got a raw deal in Houston, IMO.

You should have asked them, " If Cam Dabbed more, during the turnovers? Maybe Carolina would have won then, huh?? :thumbsup:

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:07 am
Pro Bowl Elite Player

I'm surprised...

I'm surprised the Carolina receivers dropped so many passes...
I'm surprised Denver's defense played tip top/outstanding two straight games, I mean really impressively...
I'm surprised Cam did not get that fumble, or even try...
I'm surprised overall, that Carolina didn't win...

I did not dislike either team. There are a few teams I absolutely despise, and luckily Denver's D beat one of them 2 weeks ago.

Go Vikes!

Addendum: Halftime show--Coldplay was okay, then other things started happening. As soon as I see "booty grinding" on tv, I opt out. Good grief!

...wisdom

Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:48 am
Hall of Famer

I thought it was a decent game, better then some. Cam is a self centered, narcissistic baby. Didnt it look like he expected someone else to get that fumble, that he was above it? That he was just too good to pick it up, lets one of the grunts? He gave no effort. Hopefully now there will be less commercials in them with Peyton in them.

Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next